Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

do you bake? BREAD BREAD BREAD!

ChefWide

Elite Mentor
Platinum
I love to bake, but I need to limit this love fest on this thread to...

BREADS!

As a younger man I traveled and did journeyman work at bakeries in as many different locations as I could. SF with some really great artisanal bakers to Paris at what may be the oldest working bakery in the world. Baking bread is like therapy for me.

I have my own thoughts on what makes a bread experience what it is, but I would really like to know yours. Again, no recipes, just how, when and where and more importantly, how did it make you feel?

This is a really broad topic, so if I may, let's limit it to breads you would eat either by themselves, as a meal, with a meal, not sweet-deserty/sweet-breakfasty stuff.

I learn and grow through you.

WODIN said:
Bread is evil.

Bread without love is evil and should be left in the garbage can where it was made.

... i have issues with sliced, platic packaged, last for weeks, transfat sugar laden bag o shit bread.

Tell me you havent hammered into a monster chewey double sourdough and fucking loved it?!?

I can honestly say that I've never had really good bread as you describe it as being.

WODIN said:
I can honestly say that I've never had really good bread as you describe it as being.

everyday a new chance to get deeper into it. every day.

we'll remedy that soon enough, Kodiakman.

I like hard crusted bread that you have to PULL apart...

The Shadow said:
I like hard crusted bread that you have to PULL apart...

yes. totally....

get deeper into it for me: you mean thick brown crust that is almost elastic, with dense chewey bread inside that is moist and dense?

or are we talkin crust that crumbles a little and then bread that is light but that you really have to pull to get to give?

like a Sour Pain de Cereal and a great Ciabatta or Double Baggette... if your into it...

ChefWide said:
yes. totally....

get deeper into it for me: you mean thick brown crust that is almost elastic, with dense chewey bread inside that is moist and dense?

or are we talkin crust that crumbles a little and then bread that is light but that you really have to pull to get to give?

like a Sour Pain de Cereal and a great Ciabatta or Double Baggette... if your into it...

the former...although the light crusty bread-type is good as well.

The Shadow said:
the former...although the light crusty bread-type is good as well.

My choice for many occasions. I love real sponge sours.... are you into really sour sourdoughs? Almost tangy?

Top Bottom