Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Corn Starch: is this carb too good to be true..

go to hi-maize.com for more info

once gain cockdezl has got it wrong , yes regular generic cornstarch has a amylose content which would be considered high something like 28%, but it is still very high glycemic. A product like hi-maize has over 85% amylose content and a considerably lower GI.

"go to hi-maize.com for more info

once gain cockdezl has got it wrong , yes regular generic cornstarch has a amylose content which would be considered high something like 28%, but it is still very high glycemic. A product like hi-maize has over 85% amylose content and a considerably lower GI."

DAMN ANDY!!! Do you get all of your knowledge from advertisements? Also, your post makes no sense. You say that generic cornstarch has a high amylose content of 28% (what do you consider high?, anything above 1?) then you state that "HI-MAIZE" has over 85% amylose. Which one is high?

BigAndy, What's up man?? Damn, after reading your last post about Maltodextrin in MRP's, you kinda scared me away
from them dude. What's this stuff about cornstarch? Am I gonna have to start eatin this shit now:) Hope your
hittin it hard dude.
g

Commercially available maltodextrins that are starches made up of 3-10 glucose molecules, and are derived from corn starch, have some of the highest GI's. These are basically known as glucose oligomers. Basically, most starches can be engineered to meet any GI that a manufacturer wants...at least this is what I am comibg to the conclusion of. Here is a study that talks about the 1st sentence I just wrote.

R. Fluckiger, et al. "Dietary Components of Malt Extract such as Maltodextrins, Proteins, and Inorganic Salts have Distinct Effects on Glucose Uptake and Glycogen Concentrations in Rats." American Journal of Clinical Nutrition. 124.9 (1994) : 1647-1653.

*This thread is kind of old, but I thought I would throw this study in for the hell of it :D

MR. BMJ

Top Bottom