x
Almost there! Please complete this form and click the button below to gain instant access.
EliteFitness.com FREE Email Series: How You Can Use Winstrol, Masteron, HGH, and Testosterone for a Perfect, Muscular Physique!
- -
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe.
- -

Chicken - Dark Meat/White Meat

Welcome to the EliteFitness.com Bodybuilding Site! Please join this discussion about Chicken - Dark Meat/White Meat within the Diet & Bodybuilding category.

Excerpt: I've been eating chicken breasts for so long because I was under the impression that it was so much better for you than dark meat. Don't get me wrong, I like chicken breast...but I also like boneless thighs. I cut off all excess fats, and from what I've been reading, it has less calories than breast, but it does have a little more fat...but the fats are healthy fats with omegas. I've also read that the dark meat has more nutritional value. Does anyone else have an opinion or information

Read more or register here to join the discussion below...

Chicken - Dark Meat/White Meat

I've been eating chicken breasts for so long because I was under the impression that it was so much better for you than dark meat. Don't get me wrong, I like chicken breast...but I also like boneless thighs. I cut off all excess fats, and from what I've been reading, it has less calories than breast, but it does have a little more fat...but the fats are healthy fats with omegas. I've also read that the dark meat has more nutritional value.

Does anyone else have an opinion or information on this? Have I just bought into the whole 'white meat' hype? Thighs taste so much better with a good marinade.

ALIN

Re: Chicken - Dark Meat/White Meat

Quote Quote posted by AnotherDrummer View Post
    I've been eating chicken breasts for so long because I was under the impression that it was so much better for you than dark meat. Don't get me wrong, I like chicken breast...but I also like boneless thighs. I cut off all excess fats, and from what I've been reading, it has less calories than breast, but it does have a little more fat...but the fats are healthy fats with omegas. I've also read that the dark meat has more nutritional value.

Does anyone else have an opinion or information on this? Have I just bought into the whole 'white meat' hype? Thighs taste so much better with a good marinade.
    I prefer the white meat chicken myself. I'd like to see more info about the dark meat.

Pro Bodybuilder

The dark meat packs so much more flavour but that's because of the fat content.

Pneumatic Destroyer Rage-Of-Sparta's Avatar

there is just more fat in the dark meat
    it is still good to eat as long as your not having
    lots of carbs with it

Pro Bodybuilder

Quote Quote posted by Rage-Of-Sparta View Post
    there is just more fat in the dark meat
    it is still good to eat as long as your not having
    lots of carbs with it
    Why do you have to cut the carbs with th edark meat? Is it cos of the added calories from the meats fat content?

dark meat all the way... solid substitue for steak too. As long as you're tracking macros it shouldn't matter, just pay attention to sat. fats if they really bother you

Quote Quote posted by mphowells View Post
    Why do you have to cut the carbs with th edark meat? Is it cos of the added calories from the meats fat content?
    Never eat carbs with fat, carbs invoke an insulin response in the body, insulin is responsible for shuttling nutrients into muscle tissue, cells, and fat stores, so essentially when u eat fats and carbs together you have created a potent recipe for fat storage!

Quote Quote posted by MEGAMAN1 View Post
    Never eat carbs with fat, carbs invoke an insulin response in the body, insulin is responsible for shuttling nutrients into muscle tissue, cells, and fat stores, so essentially when u eat fats and carbs together you have created a potent recipe for fat storage!
    +1 good shit bro