Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What would you people do with roommates that woke up up at 4am every night?

Nathan

I've been going out of my way to remain calm and not lose it. I lost it a little bit tonight. It was so loud (I live in a 3 bedroom apartment) that I walked into the room, was standing 7 feet from him, and had to yell my roommate's name THREE times until he finally heard me. I'm embarrassed to say I said it, but I believe my words were, "I'll let it go on tonight but next time I break heads." Shut up - I had literally just woken up and was legally mentally retarded for the first minute or so, like everyone else.

Anyways, I'm starting to relax but I almost completely lost it on ten people, most of whom I've gotten to know and I like. My roommate is my best friend and I genuinely hope he handles this appropriately. It's very hard remaining calm when you are being woken up constantly I find. I get to the point that self control is not quite there. Flat out, I'm going to tell him he may find I completely "over-react" and I will not be handling this rationally anymore - it's too frustrating.

Solution: I throw over the poker table from now on when games are going on. They set it back up, I go back out and throw it across the room and hopefully clip a few people in the process.

Don't judge me on how gay and immature all this sounds, it's been a bad day in the first place and I just got woken up and it doesn't look like I'm sleeping again anytime soon.

A loud fan and some good ear plugs.

I'll walk over to the 24 hour place I guess. Am I wrong in thinking that is an extreme solution for me to have to resort to at 4:30 am in my own home?

I know these fucks spend their whole lives avoiding responsibility but not allof us want to be professional losers. I have a job - I have to give a presentation on Wednesday to the department and I'm going to be on no sleep while I am trying to memorize this shit. I'm fucking pissed. I walked out there to get a pop (read: soda) and they all went dead quiet.

I've been wondering for a while if I'm strong enough to tear an average sized man's arm out from the socket. My buddy doesn't think I could do it. I can deadlift 500+, so I think I can if I got my foot against the guy's face/chest and he had been beaten a bit already and was tired. Thinking about this is relaxing me.

seriously i wouldnt be happy with any of that stuff if i were you either. i dont like chaos and that sounds chaotic to me.

didnt you know the best friend was into all night poker tourneys before you started rooming together?

Such is the life with roommates.

That is par for the course.

Shed the roommates, shed the issues.

Nate,

This is a sign of disrespect from your best friend. Sit him down and talk rationally to him about it and if that doesn't work tell him to move out.

yeah that's pretty fucked up!! especially if you've already talked to him previously!! I'd say don't go with the table flipping thing though... because that would just piss off everybody and blow the whole thing up... as I'm sure most of the other people didn't know prior what the deal was and so they were just havin a normal poker tourney... but you can definitely tell them it's a silent game... or just "game over!! I gotta fuckin work tomorrow, count your chips and settle up on the way out!!"

Smurfy said:
seriously i wouldnt be happy with any of that stuff if i were you either. i dont like chaos and that sounds chaotic to me.

didnt you know the best friend was into all night poker tourneys before you started rooming together?

He moved out of his house at the same time I did - so no he had never played all-night poker tourneys before. Yeah, it is done. No more poker games - they don't know it but that's the way it is. I was waiting for a clear opportunity to officially TELL them what goes on without having to be an asshole, and I got it. I'm on four hours of sleep - they fucked me over for this talk I have to prepare.

And I kept my cool, which is not easy for me to do when I've just been woken up. I put it up with it living wiht three dogs for two years. Someone is goign to die this time.

Top Bottom