Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Question for those with DVD home entertainment centers.....

Which format can you also play?

• Mine will also play dvd-r

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Mine will also play dvd+r

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No idea what you are talking about.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is too old to play either format. Probably over a year old?

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
Will your player play DVD+R or DVD-R in addition to the stamped DVDs?

I am trying to figure out the major force and which one is gathering momentum. The dudes in the computer stores tend to disagree.

You need to look up the model of DVD player you are interested in on the internet and see what it plays. Mine plays MP3's, vcd, svcd, not sure about dvd+r and what not. Don't rely on sales guys - most of them don't know much. They'll tell you any BS just to get a sale.

Mike_Rojas said:
You need to look up the model of DVD player you are interested in on the internet and see what it plays. Mine plays MP3's, vcd, svcd, not sure about dvd+r and what not. Don't rely on sales guys - most of them don't know much. They'll tell you any BS just to get a sale.
I have six DVD players. Long story.

I want to get a computer DVD burner but am kind of waiting for things to settle out. Hopefully they will agree on a standard and iron out the compatibility issues.

They are producing DVD burners that will write to either disc though. Sony, TDK, and I/O Magic have all slapped their name on these +R/-R devices. Heard they are all made by Pioneer.

get a multi format burner... but to answer your ?... dvd-r is the most common format

ZKaudio said:
get a multi format burner... but to answer your ?... dvd-r is the most common format
I want to but am waiting for the speed to increase to 16X or so. Hopefully the industry will have ironed out some compatibility issues due to usage of "proprietary formats."

I toss in wedding videos with my package because I once bought a Sony VX-1000 for Caribbean treasure hunting. May as well use it.

I need to make DVD's that WILL work in their players. Right now it looks like CDRs may be my best bet. I don't know how much qulaity video I can put on a CDR. Reports vary.

Top Bottom