Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Is obesity a disease, or a mental blockade?

The McDonalds lawsuits were the funnyist example.One "diseased" unfortunate ate 2 bigmacs,(And I'm sure all the trimmings were super sized) FOR OVER 2 YEARS and wondered why she got fat.

I've been on both sides of the fence,most of my life over on the fat side.I feel for them and most that ask how I did it,I'll take the time to help them.It's nice when someone thanks you for dropping a dress or pants size.

A disease? Absolutely not.It may be indicitive of some OCS mental problem but in of it'sself NO.I'd say the same about Alcohol also.

Mad

I guess you could call Gluttony a disease according to Webster's online dictionary:

Main Entry: dis·ease
Pronunciation: di-'zEz
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English disese, from Middle French desaise, from des- dis- + aise ease
Date: 14th century
1 obsolete : TROUBLE
2 : a condition of the living animal or plant body or of one of its parts that impairs normal functioning : SICKNESS, MALADY
3 : a harmful development (as in a social institution)

I'd say the majority of obese people in the US are the way they are due to a lack of knowledge. Even the US gov't's food pyramid is designed to make this country fat. There are pleanty of successful business people who are obese...they're not lazy, they have motivation, they're just misinformed. Most obese people have followed diets...but when they fail, they bounce back up to even higher weights and eventually just give up feeling like there's something wrong with them. I've followed many diets...starting when I was about 6 y.o. at Weight Watchers with my mother. They really don't TEACH propper nutrition and none of them ever included realistic excercises plans. At best they would suggest cardio, but never lifting. Suggestions like parking the car at the far end of the parking lot as excercise...oh yeah...that's gonna really do some good. Arghhhh...for people who have never been fat it's very difficult for them to understand. Instead of making fun of the obese, why don't these people put their energies into better use and teach and help the obese? It would make a much better looking and happier population. :)

Obesity has never been a problem. I kind of feel sorry for them and kind of don't.

Prolly most of us have an achilles heel in our lives. I really don't make as much money as I should despite an excellent hourly income. Partly due to recession and partly due to a lack of desire.

The obesity trends are startling. TV, computers, and a bad diet are big reasons I suppose. Women from other countries are much more attractive simply due to health.

I have known so many girls and guys who were in very good shape in early 20's and then once their metabolism slowed down, they got fat.

You can't stuff your face and load up with fuel and not burn it. It only gets stored as fat. People don't understand, you only need to eat once a day if you going to sit around and not work out. Drinking adds a lot to the equation. I can't tell you how many of my friends from growing up continued to drink like in college and got beer fat. Now they are so out of shape and fat - they just give up. It's too much of a mountain to climb to diet, workout, and do cardio - it's just easier to accept the fact that they are fat and stay that way.

Most people who tell me that they want to lose weight...don't REALLY want to do what it takes to lose weight.

Most people who tell me that they want to gain weight...don't REALLY want to do what it takes to gain weight.

B True

its is genetic....they could diet and exercise like us and still be 100 lbs fatter....maybe not 400 though

Jimsbbc said:
People don't understand, you only need to eat once a day if you going to sit around and not work out.

That's just sooo wrong!!! Most fat people don't eat often enough, therefore their metabolisms slow down even more. It's a vicious cycle for them. Of course, eating shit foods doesn't help, but suggesting that they eat once a day???

If you give them the chance to eat several times a day, what do you think will happen? They get a coke, extra cheese, some dessert. I watch this shit everyday with one of my friends.

Top Bottom