Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

New York

Garza

Ok, I am looking at some maps of new york...I am wanting to know..

Is the state of new york basically nothign but a large city? I see New York City and then all of these other towns about 10 miles away from it. Are they just different areas/neighborhoods of New york city or are they separate cities? For Example, Harlem, Queens, etc. These are separate cities? Also I have heard of places liek Manhattan, Soho, etc but I type in Soho, NY and it says there is no such city. Do they all run together or is there a bit of open land between them? These questions may sound stupid but i've never been to NY.

Hmmm....I don't know the answer to your question, but I was wondering why you are looking at a map of NY at 2 o'clock in the morning. Are you planning on visiting or something?

I was looking at home gyms on yahoo.com and saw the "maps" feature. Damn...2 am and my first day on a new job tomorrow...maybe i should hit the hay.

Originally posted by Garza:
Ok, I am looking at some maps of new york...I am wanting to know..

Is the state of new york basically nothign but a large city? I see New York City and then all of these other towns about 10 miles away from it. Are they just different areas/neighborhoods of New york city or are they separate cities? For Example, Harlem, Queens, etc. These are separate cities? Also I have heard of places liek Manhattan, Soho, etc but I type in Soho, NY and it says there is no such city. Do they all run together or is there a bit of open land between them? These questions may sound stupid but i've never been to NY.

Garza,

New York City is made up of 5 boroughs (I think). They're Queens, the Bronx, Manhattan, Long Island, and Brooklyn.

Harlem and Soho are both in New York City. They're not separate cities.

By the way, there are a lot of other cities and towns in New York besides the City.

Upstate NY is beautiful. Go sometime.

------------------
View

So if you were from harlem you would say, "I am from the Harlem area of NY." Or would that just be Harlem, NY. Ive always wondered about NY.

Originally posted by Garza:
So if you were from harlem you would say, "I am from the Harlem area of NY." Or would that just be Harlem, NY. Ive always wondered about NY.

You'd say, "I'm from New York City." If you're then asked which part, you'd answer, "Harlem".

------------------
View

Don't listen to the Steel Beast. Gay guys don't live in Soho anymore. That's so 1980s. All the guys live in Chelsea.

Straight people. Gotta love 'em.
smile.gif

------------------
View

May1010, its about 11:13 pm where you are at, right? Isn't it time to go jerk off to pics of Gunter Schlierkamp before you go to bed? LOL

Maybe after I finish watching a rerun of "3rd Rock from the Sun" and "Frasier".

------------------
View

Top Bottom