Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How do you grow tomatoes?

Bien sur. Je ne sais pas ce que je veux dire exactement, mais je voudrais faire du caca sur l'autobus.

Are you serious?

The breed of tomato matters a lot. Usually the ugly notted up ones like the June Pink and pink varieties look like shit but are the best for making a sandwich or eating in a salad. The ones that look like perfect pictures usually have big cores and have been bred to ride across the country on a truck and sit pretty on a display at the supermarket.

When I get transplants, if they're like 8" tall then I bury about 6" of them, as tomatos will root along any of the stalk that is in the ground. You can either dig a deep ass hole like 6" deep or you can dig a shallow trench and lay it down sideways with just the top sticking out. Either way you'll get more roots.

Mulch around then (bark, pine needles, leaves, grass clippings, hell even shredded newspaper) is huge benefit. Wont have to worry about weeds and they'll hold water longer. Dont water during the heat of the day, either right before dark or early in the morning. If you plan on keeping the same garden for a long time, stay away from wood bark and chips as mulch. They are best for shrubbery mulch. They last longer, but it takes longer for them to decompose in a garden that is going to get tilled a lot more often. Also when they decompose it robs the soil of nitrogen, which would have to be added thru extra fertilizer or poop.

Miracle Grow or those other mix with water fertilizers never hurt either. Dont have to use them all the time though, maybe half the time or less.

I have 3O tomatoes plants right now! Cherry, Pear, Beefstake etc! I have always grown my own veggies! Even in college I had a little garden that hid a certain cash crop my roomies grew! lol Hydroponic Tomatoes is the cream of the crop for growning them! Funny thing Tomatoes was the Code we used in college for Green Tomatoes!

turn the leaf blower on them for 2 minutes a day. The excess pollen/nutrients/water vapor that builds up in the intakes up leaf blowers can provide an exceptional environment for tomato growth. I have produced some MONSTERS this way.

Top Bottom