Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Is Female Bodybuilding Doomed?

Dial_tone

MVP
EF VIP
These ladies are just getting too big for their own good. If they weren't so big nowadays they could train for shows much cheaper plus sponsorship would go up so they'd be getting more prize money AND they'd be healthier on top of it. Personally, I think the introduction of the Figure class is the final nail in the coffin as far as female BB'ing ever getting back into the mainstream. All the ones that don't want to be mass monsters will do Figure, leaving BB'ing to the freak shows. In a few years we'll be seeing female heavyweights over 200 lbs, and not just the ones that are 6 feet tall.

DT, do you not think that a a woman that is bigger than Bev Francis is a freak?

Why promote it? its like having a synthol contest.

Cory Everson, Melissa Coates and early Lenda Murray were about as much as I can stand in a ripped condition.

Is it really any different to male bodybuilding........both ridiculous IMO at the professional level.......even NPC.

I guess the female is extra freaky given the disfiguring that occurs.

To each their own-- I have a ton of respect for men or women who dedicate themselves like that. It might now be my own goal but I think it's inspiring to see them do what they want to with their bodies.

You forgot fitness. You only mentioned BB and figure for women.

Raina said:
To each their own-- I have a ton of respect for men or women who dedicate themselves like that. It might now be my own goal but I think it's inspiring to see them do what they want to with their bodies.

Is it right though Raina?

There has been outcry in recent years over eating disorders and women who make themselves physically sick to look ultra thin..........isn't this obsessive behaviour at the other end of the scale which is also just as dangerous?

Bodybuilding in general is doomed to be nothing more than a fringe sport as long as it is promoted and governed the way it is now. Women's bb'ing is in worse shape. They have no set ideals for what they want the women to look like. In one show they want them really ripped and hard, in another they want them a little softer looking. Then each judge in a show will have a different opinion of what they are looking for. Add in all the politics that go on and you have a recipe for failure, not success.

i hate modern day IFBB pros look nowadays...

haney was the last of the goodies

down hill and it will go further and further down hill

My personal opinion is that fitness and figure are a level under BB...I feel that BB is more of a challenge. Oh, and most of the female BB aren't doing it to be sexy. It is the same drive that wills the men to compete.

Top Bottom