Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What is the difference between WHEY Isolate and Concentrate??

lightout

And is isolate better then concentrate if yes why? i am taking concentrate right now and i find it working good

lightout said:
And is isolate better then concentrate if yes why? i am taking concentrate right now and i find it working good

From proteinfactory.com

Isolate
CFM whey protein isolate is the cleanest form of whey protein. Isolation of the whey, using cross-flow microfiltration is the next processing step after concentration. It has a higher protein per serving ratio than whey concentrate . Whey isolates yield over 90 grams of protein per 100 grams of whey. It is virtually fat and lactose free. CFM Whey isolate yields a higher amount of BCAA, half of which come from the essential amino acids. Extremely digestible with a good taste.

Whey protein isolate can be manufactured using different methods. The Protein Factory carries two different whey isolate proteins. Thus we feel the need to inform our customers of each different method. Cross-Flow Microfiltration is a natural, high tech manufacturing process that uses ceramic filters to remove the fat, lactose, and other unwanted materials, hence isolating the protein. The protein is NOT subjected to chemicals, therefore protein is left unharmed and in its original state. This leads to added benefits over ion-exchange whey isolate, here are a few.
1. Cross-flow microfiltration possesses more calcium and less sodium than ion-exchange. Thus, women and athletes on performance enhancement drugs might want to consider cross-flow microfiltration as their choice for obvious reasons.

Concentrate
Derived from high quality mozzarella cheese, instantized whey protein concentrate (WPC) is 80% protein. Instantized WPC 80% is manufactured from fresh, sweet dairy whey that is concentrated and spray dried. The product is a homogenous, free flowing, semi-hygroscopic powder with a clean, bland flavor. The addition of lecithin in the instantization process improves the dispersibility of the product.

WPC is the most commonly used source of whey protein, used by over 99.5% of supplement companies. WPC is higher in fat, carbs, and lactose than WPI, which results in less assimilation by the stomach and intestines. Therefore, many users of WPC report bloating and gas with supplementation. Many also consider WPC as the economical source of whey protein and great for athletes with low budgets or those who require high amounts of protein per day. WPC is typically used by college, high school, and beginner to intermediate bodybuilders.

Top Bottom