Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Primordial Performance's new product -- EndoAmp

Primordial Performance said:
If anything, it would increase sperm production by increasing natural testosterone production.

-Pp

increasing testosterone? Do you have studies to prove this?

I wouldn't call PS an anabolic substance, rather an anti-catabolic, due to it's ability to inhibit exercise-induced increases in cortisol.

Let's not make Phosphatidylserine into something it's not. It can stand well enough on it's own for what it truly is, and people should use it for what it is.

so has anyone actually used this stuff....cause it just looks like alot of promo work from platnium members. I know alot ofpushy marketing goes on here....which is fair enough but some feedback from some people who have actually used it for a while would be great. how long has it been out?

HDPT said:
so has anyone actually used this stuff....cause it just looks like alot of promo work from platnium members. I know alot ofpushy marketing goes on here....which is fair enough but some feedback from some people who have actually used it for a while would be great. how long has it been out?

i'll let you know, just ordered some.

HDPT said:

Did you read the thread? Did you read the scientific studies I posted? PS has been around since the beginning of time. It's a naturally occurring substance found in every living organism, and every cell in your body. It was first isolated and studied in the 1940's. Due to most peoples' diets and high stress levels, your body is unable to produce a significant amount of PS. Thus you have people with Alzheimer's, ADD, ADHD, Depression, memory loss, etc. PS isn't a cure-all for these, but it has been shown to be effective in improving them.

PP is just yet another company marketing PS. You can find PS all over the place. If you want to research it and if you can find another source that has a less expensive cost per serving, please report back and let me know. I don't really care who I buy it from, it's just that PP has the best price I have found.

Effects of Soy Lecithin Phosphatidic Acid and Phosphatidylserine Complex (PAS) on the Endocrine and Psychological Responses to Mental Stress.

Stress: The International Journal on the Biology of Stress; Jun2004, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p119-126

Phosphatidylserine, derived from cow brains, has been shown previously to dampen the ACTH and cortisol response to physical stress. Further research investigated the influence of soy lecithin phosphatidylserine supplementation on mood and heart rate when faced with an acute stressor. In this study, we investigated the effects of soy lecithin phosphatidic acid and phosphalidylserine complex (PAS) supplementation on pituitary adrenal reactivity (ACTH, cortisol) and on the psychological response (Spielberger State Anxiety Inventory stress subscale) to a mental and emotional stressor. Four groups of 20 subjects were treated for three weeks with daily dosages of either 400 mg PAS. 600 mg PAS. 800 mg PAS. or placebo before exposure to the Trier Social Stress Test (TSST). Treatment with 400 mg PAS resulted in a pronounced blunting of both serum ACTH and cortisol, and salivary cortisol responses to the TSST, but did not affect heart rate. The effect was not seen with larger doses of PAS. With regard to the psychological response, 400 mg PAS seemed to exert a specific positive effect on emotional responses to the TSST. While the placebo group showed the expected increase in distress after the test, the group treated with 400 mg PAS showed decreased distress. These data provide initial evidence for a selective stress dampening effect of PAS on the pituitary-adrenal axis, suggesting the potential of PAS in the treatment of stress related disorders.

ceo said:
increasing testosterone? Do you have studies to prove this?

I wouldn't call PS an anabolic substance, rather an anti-catabolic, due to it's ability to inhibit exercise-induced increases in cortisol.

Let's not make Phosphatidylserine into something it's not. It can stand well enough on it's own for what it truly is, and people should use it for what it is.

Protein retention (aka muscle growth) can be enhanced by either an anti-catabolic, or an anabolic. Essentially they are the same thing, and either function can sway the equilibrium.

As far as the testosterone boost from cortisol reduction, it’s quite simple. When cortisol goes up, testosterone goes down and vise versa. Cortisol breaks down the leydig cells, so if you can prevent this catabolic breakdown, then you can increase the testes sensitivity to LH, and thus testosterone secretion. PS also has some intricate benefits for increasing steroid-to-enzyme association and increasing 3b HSD in testes. All these reffs are in the write up

Here is one abstract -

11. HORMONAL EFFECTS OF PHOSPHATIDYLSERINE DURING 2-WKS OF INTENSE WEIGHT TRAINING
[Annual Meeting Abstracts]
Fahey, T. D.; Pearl, M.
California State University, Chico

A double-blind, crossover design study, measured the effects of 800 mg/d soybean derived phosphatidylserine (PS) or placebo (C) during 2-wk intense weight training on cortisol (CT), adrenocorticotropin hormone (ACTH), testosterone (TS), luteinizing hormone (LH), well-being (WB), and muscle soreness (MS) in 11 trained males. Subjects did 5 sets of 10 repetitions of 13 exercises, 4 times/wk for 2, 2-wk periods (3-wk recovery). Venous blood was sampled 6 mornings (T1-T6) and 15-min following the 8th work-out (T7). WB and MS were estimated using 10-point scales. CT was the same in PS and C in T1-T6 but decreased between T6 and T7 in PS (15.6 ± 1.7 to 10.0±0.9μg/dL, mean±SEM, P<0.05) but not in C. ACTH did not change in PS in T1-T7 but increased in C between T4 and T5-7 by over 50%. TS increased in PS between T1 (3.3±0.3 ng/mL) and T3 (4.4±0.5 ng/mL) and fell in both treatments between T3 and T7 (3.3±0.3 ng/mL, PS; 3.3±0.4, C). LH increased significantly between T1 (1.5±0.1 mlU/mL) and T6(2.2±0.3 mlU/mL) in PS but did not change in C. WB was greater in P than C in T2-T6. In C, WB at T3 was markedly depressed (4.9±0.8). MS increased in both treatments and was greater in C than PS at T2 (61%) and T5(55%). Cortisol decreased in PS after exercise, possibly by depressing ACTH. PS attenuated the negative effects of intense weight training on perception of well-being and muscle soreness

Primordial Performance said:
Protein retention (aka muscle growth) can be enhanced by either an anti-catabolic, or an anabolic. Essentially they are the same thing, and either function can sway the equilibrium.

As far as the testosterone boost from cortisol reduction, it’s quite simple. When cortisol goes up, testosterone goes down and vise versa. Cortisol breaks down the leydig cells, so if you can prevent this catabolic breakdown, then you can increase the testes sensitivity to LH, and thus testosterone secretion. PS also has some intricate benefits for increasing steroid-to-enzyme association and increasing 3b HSD in testes. All these reffs are in the write up

Here is one abstract -

11. HORMONAL EFFECTS OF PHOSPHATIDYLSERINE DURING 2-WKS OF INTENSE WEIGHT TRAINING
[Annual Meeting Abstracts]
Fahey, T. D.; Pearl, M.
California State University, Chico

A double-blind, crossover design study, measured the effects of 800 mg/d soybean derived phosphatidylserine (PS) or placebo (C) during 2-wk intense weight training on cortisol (CT), adrenocorticotropin hormone (ACTH), testosterone (TS), luteinizing hormone (LH), well-being (WB), and muscle soreness (MS) in 11 trained males. Subjects did 5 sets of 10 repetitions of 13 exercises, 4 times/wk for 2, 2-wk periods (3-wk recovery). Venous blood was sampled 6 mornings (T1-T6) and 15-min following the 8th work-out (T7). WB and MS were estimated using 10-point scales. CT was the same in PS and C in T1-T6 but decreased between T6 and T7 in PS (15.6 ± 1.7 to 10.0±0.9μg/dL, mean±SEM, P<0.05) but not in C. ACTH did not change in PS in T1-T7 but increased in C between T4 and T5-7 by over 50%. TS increased in PS between T1 (3.3±0.3 ng/mL) and T3 (4.4±0.5 ng/mL) and fell in both treatments between T3 and T7 (3.3±0.3 ng/mL, PS; 3.3±0.4, C). LH increased significantly between T1 (1.5±0.1 mlU/mL) and T6(2.2±0.3 mlU/mL) in PS but did not change in C. WB was greater in P than C in T2-T6. In C, WB at T3 was markedly depressed (4.9±0.8). MS increased in both treatments and was greater in C than PS at T2 (61%) and T5(55%). Cortisol decreased in PS after exercise, possibly by depressing ACTH. PS attenuated the negative effects of intense weight training on perception of well-being and muscle soreness

Interesting. In this study, testosterone had a small increase during the first 3 weeks, then fell back. Cortisol didn't decrease until after week 6. Doesn't really fit with the indirect result we would expect of testosterone levels increasing due to cortisol levels decreasing.

Other studies have shown however, that under normal conditions, after physical exercise, cortisol levels increase significantly, Total testosterone decreases, but Free testosterone increases significantly (which is good). I wonder if the study you posted was testing free or total test? I'd be more interested in free test levels. Bottom line is PS can only help!

But, probably the most significant thing in the study you posted to our babymaking poster was that LH had a significant increase throughout the study! Makes sense. PS increases sense of well being and reduces stress...just the right environment to help make babies. Better get the wife on it too!!

The free shipping is not showing up with the "SPONSOR10" code for my order over $100. Am I doing something wrong?

Top Bottom