Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Look what a recent M&F article said...has to be BS

So what about protein? When should I take that?

HELP!
:D:D
I am cutting so what about this... immediately after training 10g creatine + 5g glutamine... 30 minutes cardio.. 50g dextrose + maltodextrin + 20g whey..

Good or bad??

That's pretty much what i do Monstar. I Put my creatine and/or glutamine in a dry bottle and when i'm close to being done i'll fill it up w/ water and down it. Finish my last exercise, or do some cardio and go home and have the shake and see what's happening on Elite Fitness lol.

Monstar are you still doing Animalbolics? If you are i guess you have to take the prescribed amounts for whey, if you weren't i'd say double your whey intake w/ the shake.

Immediately after training... 10g creatine + 5g glutamine in water, then 30 minutes of cardoi, and then take in 40g whey + 50g dextrose + maltdextrin combo... sound like a good idea?

:confused::confused:

riskybizz007-
PLEASE RESPOND ASAP

I am wondering okay if I take my 10g creatine + my 5g glutamine RIGHT after I workout.. should I take my 200 mg. ALA with my creatine & glutamine?

I am taking 2g arginine + 200 mg. ALA with my postworkout supplements and I am pretty sure its best to take the arginine with the dextrose + maltodextrin to maximize my glycogen compensation.

HELP!

monstar, I guess I have to burst another bubble. Burke et al. have found out in a scientific study that if ALA is taken in a single dosage of 200-400 mg with or without dextrose it will NOT measurably affect insulin sensitivity or creatine transport. Much higher dosages are needed, between 1000-1500 mg. Also, if you take ALA right after your workout the potential influence of high dosage ALA on insulin, glucose and creatine is overriden by the effects of exercise on insulin sensitivity. In plain english: ALA is doing nothing after your workout and if you consume it with creatine in the middle of the day you better make sure to take in at least 1000-1500 mg of ALA. In the latest FLEX magazine you will find a similar report on page 61.

Testoman

Testoman-
Then what's the IDEAL supplementation regimen??

Help me out bro if all this shit doesnt do anything.. what about arginine I understand that a few grams helps glycogen storage.

I know that at 200mg it will lower my blood sugar levels b/c i feel it. Theoretically it's suppossed to transport the carbs into your muscles, and allow your muscles to fill up w/ more carbs. So your muscles should be fuller, and some would say b/c of this it is also a bit anticatabolic in the sense that you're holding onto more carbs in your muscles so this would be used before the protein in your muscles. I wouldn't take the ALA w/ my post workout shake either, to me it contradicts what you want. You want a big insulin spike and that would transport the nutrients into muscles. Add the ALA and you will (again theoretically) be using less insulin and would probobly lower your insulin spike, which is what you're aiming for. The arginine i'm still trying to find out about.

I would use the ALA just 30min. before a meal to lower blood sugar and shuttle more carbs into your muscles, and prevent those insulin spikes. You're suppossed to have a more steady insulin level w/ ALA, and this is just one reason people use it for fat loss as well.

I can't tell you what's the correct way, i can only tell you the way i do it. And that's the creatine and glutamine as previously stated, followed by 50g dextrose, 50g whey. After 1 hour i'll either have 30g whey again, or a solid meal, and w/ this second postworkout meal i'd take the ALA. I figure to take it at this time to help lower blood sugar, keep shuttling carbs into the muscle, good water and fat soluble antioxidant, and for keeping the liver happy. I'd also take the ALA w/ my preworkout meal. Sometimes muscles feel very full w/ this and you get painful pumps at times. This just indicates to me its effectiveness.

Top Bottom