Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Glutamine Powder - Gold or Garbage?

Glutamine Powder - Garbage or Gold?

• Gold

Votes: 111 44.6%
  • Garbage

Votes: 53 21.3%
  • I have no idea but enjoy excercising my right to have my voice heard, although my voice isn't really

Votes: 85 34.1%

• Total voters
so are you liking the ENER-G:)

also its not so simple as just take milk isolate or whatever Hydolisate may have more Glutamine tipped in its favor

the formation and composition of EnerG

shifts it to work and work excellent

even more so that other

'glutamine peptides'

EnerG is unique

I always say "try all others, try every form of glutamine then try EnerG......."

OMEGA said:
GOLD

glutamine peptides are GOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes , I've used you guy's energ because it's peptide bound. L-glutamine can't deal with the ph of your stomach so most of it does not survive. Yes l-glutamine has many benefits but you have to get it absorbed first :)

The majority of commercially available Glutamine sources offer only L-Glutamine, a synthetic, free amino acid. L-Glutamine has been shown to be unstable in the presence of heat, water, acid or base solutions, making L-Glutamine impractical to utilize in all but powdered food preparations. Covalent Bonded Glutamine, on the other hand, has been shown to withstand processing temperatures of 180 degrees Fahrenheit for one hour or 250 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 minutes and pH variances in the range of 3.5 to 9.0.

In addition, Covalent Bonded Glutamine is stable in aqueous solutions for prolonged periods of time. Covalent Bonded Glutamine can be used in all liquid and semi-solid food preparations. In addition, due to the instability of L-Glutamine in water and pH extremes, it is safe to assume that much of L-Glutamine decomposes once it passes into the human gastrointestinal tract. Gastric acid is equivalent to 0.1 Normal Hydrochloric Acid (pH less than 2) and at 98.6 degrees Fahrenheit and a pH below 2, L-Glutamine decomposes very quickly.

Since L-Glutamine is a free amino acid, what percentage that does survive the pH extremes of the stomach is absorbed through the intestinal wall by a different mechanism than covalent bound amino acids...this free amino acid absorption mechanism is competitive... meaning that in an excess of free amino acids, only a certain percentage of any particular free amino acid will be absorbed.

Curious? Stomach acid plays a large part in deactivating the L-Glutamine. What then if I were to take a tums prior? Would that increase its availability, if so could anyone speculate as to how much?

gjohnson5 said:
Covalent Bonded Glutamine, on the other hand, has been shown to withstand processing temperatures of 180 degrees Fahrenheit for one hour or 250 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 minutes and pH variances in the range of 3.5 to 9.0.

Gastric acid is equivalent to 0.1 Normal Hydrochloric Acid (pH less than 2)

Then glutamine peptides are about as useful as L-glutamine orally.

Top Bottom