Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

expiration date of protein powder? gone bAd?

missyd143

hello the expiration date says on my simply whey 80 servings march 2002...can it go bad? isn't it alil old? mabye the later a protein date the worse the powder tastes//is this true or 6 months away is ok and taste the same as apposed to 1 year away/// thanks

I'm using two year old expired whey protein (tastes even crappier than usual) but stomach is fine and still seems effective as I'm getting at least 1/3 of my daily protein from this expired stuff.

Also using expired omnadren (at least 3 years expired).

Call me expired boy!

entre

http://entrebody.tripod.com

Most manufacturers probably err on the conservative side on expiry dates, so I wouldn't sweat it too much unless it's way past due. I've used aspirin with an expiry date two years before I took it, and didn't even get a stomach ache. (That was by accident, and I don't suggest it, mind you.)

Although it does suggest that you paid too much for the stuff - they can't be turning their inventory very often, so their markup has to be very high.

I had Met-rx protein that was 6 months expired, so i e mailed Met-rx. They said it tends to loose its potency after its expiration date. THat was the biggest reason for the date code. Most proteins have a long shelf life. I replied to the email asking if i could just add an extra scoop of powder to my shake. They replied that they dont suggest it but it shouldnt make me ill if i do. I took that as it is O.K. to use, but they want a person to throw their old stuff away and spend more $$$ on their products.

Top Bottom