Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

DAA- Does it really work

Shrine1

The Resistance
From what I understand DAA raises LH, and I was still planning on including in my PCTs, but I wanted to see if our EF guys knew the facts about DAA and if its worth incorporating while recovering. Thoughts?

by Will Brink Brinkzone

In the video below, I discuss the popular “Testosterone booster” supplement D-Aspartic Acid (DAA) and update my opinions of this general category of supplements.

D-Aspartic acid supplementation combined with 28 days of heavy resistance training has no effect on body composition, muscle strength, and serum hormones associated with the hypothalamo-pituitary-gonadal axis in resistance-trained men

Department of Health, Exercise and Biochemical Nutrition Lab, Human Performance, and Recreation, Baylor University, Waco, TX, USA

Abstract

It was hypothesized that d-aspartic acid (D-ASP) supplementation would not increase endogenous testosterone levels or improve muscular performance associated with resistance training. Therefore, body composition, muscle strength, and serum hormone levels associated with the hypothalamo-pituitary-gonadal axis were studied after 28 days of resistance training and D-ASP supplementation. Resistance-trained men resistance trained 4 times/wk for 28 days while orally ingesting either 3 g of placebo or 3 g of D-ASP.

Data were analyzed with 2 × 2 analysis of variance (P < .05). Before and after resistance training and supplementation, body composition and muscle strength, serum gonadal hormones, and serum D-ASP and d-aspartate oxidase (DDO) were determined. Body composition and muscle strength were significantly increased in both groups in response to resistance training (P < .05) but not different from one another (P > .05). Total and free testosterone, luteinizing hormone, gonadotropin-releasing hormone, and estradiol were unchanged with resistance training and D-ASP supplementation (P > .05).

For serum D-ASP and DDO, D-ASP resulted in a slight increase compared with baseline levels (P > .05). For the D-ASP group, the levels of serum DDO were significantly increased compared with placebo (P < .05). The gonadal hormones were unaffected by 28 days of D-ASP supplementation and not associated with the observed increases in muscle strength and mass.

Therefore, at the dose provided, D-ASP supplementation is ineffective in up-regulating the activity of the hypothalamo-pituitary-gonadal axis and has no anabolic or ergogenic effects in skeletal muscle.

It works by increasing steroidogenic acute regulatory protein which causes an increase in testosterone levels.

Taking d-aspartic acid when your natural testosterone levels are fully optimal has little benefit. However taking it while you are recovering post cycle is beneficial. While your serm and other natty boosters are restoring your Hpta, the d-aspartic acid works to raise your testosterone levels.

Ok great.. I just wanted to make sure I was on track cause I never noticed a big difference while taking DAA

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Ok great.. I just wanted to make sure I was on track cause I never noticed a big difference while taking DAA

It's definitely is helping with recovery from a cycle. But as I stated as a standalone when your natural testosterone is normal it won't do much.

From what I understand DAA raises LH, and I was still planning on including in my PCTs, but I wanted to see if our EF guys knew the facts about DAA and if its worth incorporating while recovering. Thoughts?

by Will Brink Brinkzone

In the video below, I discuss the popular “Testosterone booster” supplement D-Aspartic Acid (DAA) and update my opinions of this general category of supplements.

D-Aspartic acid supplementation combined with 28 days of heavy resistance training has no effect on body composition, muscle strength, and serum hormones associated with the hypothalamo-pituitary-gonadal axis in resistance-trained men

Department of Health, Exercise and Biochemical Nutrition Lab, Human Performance, and Recreation, Baylor University, Waco, TX, USA

Abstract

It was hypothesized that d-aspartic acid (D-ASP) supplementation would not increase endogenous testosterone levels or improve muscular performance associated with resistance training. Therefore, body composition, muscle strength, and serum hormone levels associated with the hypothalamo-pituitary-gonadal axis were studied after 28 days of resistance training and D-ASP supplementation. Resistance-trained men resistance trained 4 times/wk for 28 days while orally ingesting either 3 g of placebo or 3 g of D-ASP.

Data were analyzed with 2 × 2 analysis of variance (P < .05). Before and after resistance training and supplementation, body composition and muscle strength, serum gonadal hormones, and serum D-ASP and d-aspartate oxidase (DDO) were determined. Body composition and muscle strength were significantly increased in both groups in response to resistance training (P < .05) but not different from one another (P > .05). Total and free testosterone, luteinizing hormone, gonadotropin-releasing hormone, and estradiol were unchanged with resistance training and D-ASP supplementation (P > .05).

For serum D-ASP and DDO, D-ASP resulted in a slight increase compared with baseline levels (P > .05). For the D-ASP group, the levels of serum DDO were significantly increased compared with placebo (P < .05). The gonadal hormones were unaffected by 28 days of D-ASP supplementation and not associated with the observed increases in muscle strength and mass.

Therefore, at the dose provided, D-ASP supplementation is ineffective in up-regulating the activity of the hypothalamo-pituitary-gonadal axis and has no anabolic or ergogenic effects in skeletal muscle.

Your right to question it's efficacy. There's data out there (like the test you provided) showing no benefit. There's also countless users who also claim no benefit or response. And then of course there are also those who DO benefit.

It's sometimes hard to tell. Also, every person responds and reacts differently. You just need to find what works for you (without going broke in the process).

I have used DAA a few times during PCT. I recovered fine. So I guess it works. Wait, hold on a second... I also recovered fine years before adding DAA into my PCT. Hmmmmm.... You know what, now that I think about it, I also used to recover pretty good back when I just used Clomid and Nolva.

The point is there are supps being sold and promoted everywhere. I suggest you question everything, do your research (looks like you already are) and find what works for you.

Thanks for the feedback bro... I know there is alot of exerperienced members on this board so its good to hear the thoughts from others on the proper protocols

During pct DAA could be useful especially when combined with something like Hcgenerate, at least that was my best experience with using DAA

other than DAA i never got crazy over it like a lot of people did, i've said a ton of times that DAA adds little to no benefits inside the gym in terms of strength or aggression...especially when using solo during natty trainings

I loves me some Prolensis(Bulbine Natalensis)...only thing I've ever used that's made my balls ache after four or five days from turning on the nut cells for T production, lmao...

Top Bottom