Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Creatine + ALA = bad idea

Testoman

I am surprised to learn that so many people prefer to take creatine with ALA (Alpha Lipoic Acid) - thank you Mr. Cell Tech.
I think this is not a good idea at all.

ALA increases insulin sensitivity of the muscle cells and therefore allows for a drop in blood glucose through enhanced glucose transport (not creatine transport!) into the muscle. This drop in blood glucose and improved insulin sensitivity in turn results in a subsequent decrease of insulin output by the pancreas. You make insulin more efficient, your body will need less! Since maximum creatine uptake into the muscle cells is primarily dependent on the amount of insulin present in the blood, taking ALA works against this. Same goes for chromium, vanadyl and all the other so called insulin sensitizers. They don't activate or promote insulin release, they rather prevent insulin release. This might have some health advantages in the long run but it certainly doesn't promote creatine uptake.

Testoman

ALA as far as i know wont allow that big spike of insulin (also used for creatine transport) but ALA will transport carbs, protein, fats, and even the creatine to areas of the body, not just muscle cells.

This is incorrect. ALA only helps to get glucose out of the bloodstream. Tritschler et al. have already documented in 1997 that ALA has no influence on existing amino acid levels in the blood. Amino Acid transport remains unaffected by ALA. This also applies for the transport of fatty acids and most likely for creatine too. ALA might help you to get leaner because it will lower insulin levels, but that's about all it has to offer for bodybuilders.

Testoman

i posted this question on other topics as well. Doesn't ALA push nutrients (carbs) into muscle? Yes right? Well others are saying it pushes carbs into fat stores as well. Isn't this counterproductive??? And wont this make one fatter?

ALA will make insulin more efficient (increases sensitivity/reduces resistance) therefore the insulin will do its job more effectively, this includes helping in creatine loading. Insulin levels will be lowered because the job is done more efficiently or faster.

JJJ: ALA improves insulin dependent glucose transport into the muscle cells. That's it. NO amino acid or creatine transport. Amino Acids blood levels reamain unaffected. Read the studies ( I mean not the Muscle Tech six page advertorials).

Testoman

I don't give a fuck what your silly documents say. When i take ALA with creatine (or any other thing for that matter) I feel like muscles are gonna explode.

Thus giving me a feeling of happiness.

Thus promoting better workouts and a more disciplined diet.

Thus producing better results.

I win.

Your argument is very convincing Crumcake! I hereby rest my case. But be very careful with the ALA, it might make your head combust.

Testoman

Top Bottom