Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

5-htp

ITS GOOD FOR RAISING OF SERATONIN LEVELS...BUT IN ORDER TO OBLITERATE ANXIETY LEVELS...YOURE BETTER OFF TAKING INOSITOL.

I don't think it is particularly good for anti-anxiety -- the amounts needed to feel it (50mg +) make you truly sleepy, not just relaxed. There are better things for your purposes.

100mg at bed time does work well for the irritability and such on reduced carbohydrate diets.

I use it about once every two weeks before bed to fall asleep faster. However, I find that I like Kava Kava better for this.

But I've read a book about 5HTP in which the doctor who wrote it often prescribes it for insomnia, anxiety and depression. Perhaps you can locate the book.

Here's the link to it on Amazon.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0553379461/auctiomadeeasyus/002-2340223-7683254

Here's the description:
The most authoritative and comprehensive guide to realizing the amazing health benefits of 5-HTP

Written by one of America's leading naturopathic doctors, 5-HTP explains how this natural amino acid can safely and effectively regulate low serotonin levels, which have been linked to depression, obesity, insomnia, migraines, and anxiety.

5-HTP is also a powerful antioxidant that can protect the body from free-radical damage, reducing the risk of serious illnesses such as cancer. 5-HTP has already helped thousands, and Dr. Murray, citing extensive scientific studies and case histories, shows how this groundbreaking supplement can help you.

Hope you feel better soon.

SS

I used GNC SLEEP FORMULA every night to fall sleep. It contains:

KAVA KAVA
MELATONIN
5-HTP
and other stuff

works good and I been using it for 2 years now.

actually this was an old thread, and have used 5-htp with kava kava since i posted this. i really like the results i am getting. my anxieties weren't really bad, it was mostly when i was tired or hungry or around new people. since i started my anxiety has come down quite a bit, and my mind is more clear. anyway, thanks for your replies and i would recommend it, even if you don't have anxiety. i think its good for a mild sedative after a long day.

Top Bottom