Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Zinc how much is too much?

Badbart

I started using 50mg of zinc everyday and it has made a huge difference in my sex drive, energy level and over all feeling better mentally. I’m also making better gains I’m finally able to put on more weight. I’m 31 years old and I assume I must have been zinc deficient. If I take more my sex drive goes higher but I’m wondering how much zinc is too much?

A short answer for most people is that over 50 mg is too much.

The long answer depends in part on you zinc status without the supplement (probably deficient if you are athletic and eating a typical/near typical American diet).

Without testing you it is imposible to give you a concrete answer, but I can tell you that 50 mg is plenty - don't go over that. In all likelyhood you need no more than 30 mg of supplemental zinc per day. The positive results of taking more than this are likely placebo effects.

The only people who need more than that are athletes such as those involved in massively high endurance type training volumes. Even in those cases, many may utilize less than 50 mg of supplemental zinc.

i agree.
there have been studies linking consumption of 100mg/zinc/day with prostate cancer.
If you want to get a "more" feeling, use 25mg zinc tabs & take 1 twice a day instead of 1 50mg.
irrespective of the studies being right, i think 50mg is plenty.
if you really feel you need it, you may use 100mg but for a FEW DAYS only.

Thanks,

The most I've used is 75mg but I think I will try 25mg twice a day. I knew it might be bad for my prostate but I didn't know how much.

I use chelated zinc, usually 30mg before bed, and that seems to do the trick

It varies from person to person, but at around 100 mg a day, many people begin to show signs of toxicity. I'm not a fan of zinc supplimentation, because many people already get 50 mg or more from their vitamins and diet combined, so adding another 50 mg might not be wise.

BodyByFinaplix said:
It varies from person to person, but at around 100 mg a day, many people begin to show signs of toxicity. I'm not a fan of zinc supplimentation, because many people already get 50 mg or more from their vitamins and diet combined, so adding another 50 mg might not be wise.

Because of Various food allergies I don't take a multi.

BodyByFinaplix said:
I'm not a fan of zinc supplimentation, because many people already get 50 mg or more from their vitamins and diet combined, so adding another 50 mg might not be wise.
Zinc from a multi-vitamin/mineral IS zinc supplementation, but I understand what you're saying. Many people swallow down some random multi without regard to what they are actually taking or how much.

be carefull with zinc, it's not water solulble so it builds up in your system, I think no more then 25mg a day is needed even 25mg EOD is a good dose and cycle it take breaks.

Top Bottom