Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Trenbolone Stimulates Collagen Synthesis

A

Anthony Roberts

Although it goes against common "wisdom", it stands to reason that Tren does, in fact, stimulate collagen synthesis, thereby helping your joints.

You see, tren increases IGF-1 to a great degree, which ought to stimulate the growth of tendons, as we all know.

Endocrinology. 1989 May;124(5):2110-7.

Trenbolone alters the responsiveness of skeletal muscle satellite cells to fibroblast growth factor and insulin-like growth factor I.

Thompson SH, Boxhorn LK, Kong WY, Allen RE.

Department of Animal Sciences, University of Arizona, Tucson 85721.

The potential role of satellite cells in mediating the effect of trenbolone [17 beta-hydroxyestra-4,9-11-trien-3-one (TBOH)] on skeletal muscle hypertrophy was examined. Young female Sprague-Dawley rats received TBOH injections daily for 2 weeks; growth, body composition, and the composition of selected muscles were assessed. Treated rats grew more rapidly and deposited less body lipid and more protein. The semimembranosus muscle from treated rats was larger and had approximately 60% more DNA per muscle than muscles from control rats. The addition of trenbolone directly to the medium of cultured satellite cells did not stimulate cell proliferation, nor did it augment the stimulatory response of these cells to fibroblast growth factor (FGF) or insulin-like growth factor I (IGF-I). In contrast, satellite cells cultured from TBOH-treated rats exhibited greater proliferative responses to FGF and IGF-I than satellite cells from control rats. In addition, serum from TBOH-treated rats stimulated greater cell proliferation in satellite cell cultures than serum from control rats. These experiments suggest that one possible mechanism responsible for the ability of TBOH to stimulate skeletal muscle hypertrophy may be through enhanced proliferation and differentiation of satellite cells as a result of the increased sensitivity of these cells to IGF-I and FGF.

PMID: 2707149 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

You will also note that Tren treated satellite cells showed an increased response to FGF (fibroblast growth factor). Again, as we know, (basic)FGF stimulates collagen synthesis:

Sports Med. 2003;33(5):381-94.

The roles of growth factors in tendon and ligament healing.

Molloy T, Wang Y, Murrell G.

Orthopaedic Research Institute, St George Hospital Campus, University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia.

Tendon healing is a complex and highly-regulated process that is initiated, sustained and eventually terminated by a large number and variety of molecules. Growth factors represent one of the most important of the molecular families involved in healing, and a considerable number of studies have been undertaken in an effort to elucidate their many functions. This review covers some of the recent investigations into the roles of five growth factors whose activities have been best characterised during tendon healing: insulin-like growth factor-I (IGF-I), transforming growth factor beta (TGFbeta), vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF), platelet-derived growth factor (PDGF), and basic fibroblast growth factor (bFGF). All five are markedly up-regulated following tendon injury and are active at multiple stages of the healing process. IGF-I has been shown to be highly expressed during the early inflammatory phase in a number of animal tendon healing models, and appears to aid in the proliferation and migration of fibroblasts and to subsequently increase collagen production. TGFbeta is also active during inflammation, and has a variety of effects including the regulation of cellular migration and proliferation, and fibronectin binding interactions. VEGF is produced at its highest levels only after the inflammatory phase, at which time it is a powerful stimulator of angiogenesis. PDGF is produced shortly after tendon damage and helps to stimulate the production of other growth factors, including IGF-I, and has roles in tissue remodelling.In vitro and in vivo studies have shown that bFGF is both a powerful stimulator of angiogenesis and a regulator of cellular migration and proliferation. This review also covers some of the most recent studies into the use of these molecules as therapeutic agents to increase the efficacy and efficiency of tendon and ligament healing. Studies into the effects of the exogenous application of TGFbeta, IGF-I, PDGF and bFGF into the wound site singly and in combination have shown promise, significantly decreasing a number of parameters used to define the functional deficit of a healing tendon. Application of IGF-I has been shown to increase in the Achilles Functional Index and the breaking energy of injured rat tendon. TGFbeta and PDGF have been shown separately to increase the breaking energy of healing tendon. Finally, application of bFGF has been shown to promote cellular proliferation and collagen synthesis in vivo.

Therefore, Trenbolone, by stimulating (b)FGF as well as IGF-1 - certainly would stimulate collagen synthesis. I don't know of anyone who claims tren healed any injuries...but the evidence is here to suggest it.

I'll write this up a bit more cleanly tomorrow, but I thought I'd present it to you guys tonight, before I got to bed.

Funny this came up tonight because I was actually at work today wondering to myself if tren would do this, since it's a nandrolone like deca. Good to know my thinking is on the right track every now and then. ;)

anthony roberts said:
I don't know of anyone who claims tren healed any injuries...but the evidence is here to suggest it.
QUOTE]

Now that you mention it, my left pec and right/front delt haven't been giving me any trouble since i ran tren e a little while ago.

What kind of collagen are they refering to mate?..you have several types of collagen and not all forms are benificial...more collagen which is actually very brittle (sp?) will lead to tendon injuries..

D.W.

Dutch windmill said:
What kind of collagen are they refering to mate?..you have several types of collagen and not all forms are benificial...more collagen which is actually very brittle (sp?) will lead to tendon injuries..

D.W.

I know what you're talking about but since the second journal abstract is specifically about healing tendons, it's talking about the specific type of collagen that is indicated in healing.

Just like some steroids are catabolic, but when we say "steroids" in this forum, we know we're talking about "anabolic" steroids- when an abstract is about "healing tendons" the assumption in this forum *and in the study* is that the type of collagen is not the type you're talking about.

anthony roberts said:
I know what you're talking about but since the second journal abstract is specifically about healing tendons, it's talking about the specific type of collagen that is indicated in healing.

Just like some steroids are catabolic, but when we say "steroids" in this forum, we know we're talking about "anabolic" steroids- when an abstract is about "healing tendons" the assumption in this forum *and in the study* is that the type of collagen is not the type you're talking about.

Hi bro,

I have ruptured thre patella tendons of both knees about 2 years ago..so have done quite a bit pof research myself..and also have seen the second abstract you quoted

All five are markedly up-regulated following tendon injury and are active at multiple stages of the healing process

What i think is important in tendon healing is the stages they occur in...like described in the abstract..

Iff you mess with this sequence this could imo lead to a bigger (more collagen tissue) but less elastic tendon ?

D.W.

I have no meniscus in either knee, and have had 2 shoulder surgeries...so I have done quite a bit of research on this also. My e-book on IGF and GH has about 50 pages on rehab...

I'm not clear, however, what the information you're presenting is contrary to or in support of...

Does this mean it would be good after ACL surgery? I tore mine playing rugby 2 months ago and havent really been able to work out my legs and Im having surgery in 2 weeks.

anthony roberts said:
Although it goes against common "wisdom", it stands to reason that Tren does, in fact, stimulate collagen synthesis, thereby helping your joints.
Nice post

Tren also helps joints because its a powerful progestin.
Indeed more powerful a progestin than deca.

Top Bottom