Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Testosterone Physiology & Interference Factors

geoffgarst

Test Physiology & Interference Factors

I was a little bored today, so I thought I would write this post for those who would like to broaden their education on Test. Many of you may already have this knowledge.

Testosterone is made in the male by the Leydig Cells in the Testicles. This accounts for 95% of the circulating testosterone in men. In women, the ovaries and adrenal gland secrete small amounts of testosterone (the majority of testosterone in females is made as a derivative of metabolism of androstenedione. Approx. 60% of circulating testosterone binds strongly to sex hormone-binding glubulin. Most of the remaining testosterone is bound loosely to albumin, and approx. 2% is unbound.

Physiologically, testosterone affects spermatogenesis and influences the development of male secondary sexual characteristics.

Interference Factors:

Drugs that may cause INCREASED testosterone levels include anticonvulsants, barbituates, estrogens, and oral contraceptives.

Drugs that may cause DECREASED testosterone levels include androgens, dexamethasone, diethylstilbestrol, digoxin, ALCOHOL, steroids, ketoconazole, phenothiazine, and SPIRONOLACTONE.

Of course, we could spend all day here getting in full detail of testosterone production/physiology, but these are the basics.

PS: Karma is always welcome here!

Last edited:
Top Bottom