Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Huck or Fonz:absorption of oral AS and grapefruit juice

LewdTenant

I've read a few post stating that grapefruit juice increases absorption of oral AS. I could not find either of you stating this but different threads referred to either of you as the source of this information

So I'm wondering how does this work?

Does this include all oral AS?

does this work for all citrus drinks like OJ, or is grapefruit special because of a certain ph or other factor? Thanks!!

Lewd

LewdTenant said:
I've read a few post stating that grapefruit juice increases absorption of oral AS. I could not find either of you stating this but different threads referred to either of you as the source of this information

So I'm wondering how does this work?

Does this include all oral AS?

does this work for all citrus drinks like OJ, or is grapefruit special because of a certain ph or other factor? Thanks!!

Lewd

Its the naringenin in the grapefruit that has the ability
to reduce the metabolic de-composition of the
active 17-aa steroid once its ingested.

Naringenin is also used in ECA stacks to extend the
the fat-burning potential of the stack.

Same analogy applies to the 17-aa as the ECA stack.
The anabolic effect is extended.

Any 17-aa should work.

And it HAS to be Grapefruit juice.

Godspeed

I believe the pectin(not sure that's the element though)occupies phase-I liver enzymes,which are largely responsible for destroying a portion of orally available compounds.By occupying these enzymes,more metabolites make it through first pass and are shuttled out to their targeted receptors.Grapefruit juice is quite potent by all accounts in this regard.Avoid the processed stuff...

Grapefruit juice (GJ) is known to inhibit an enzyme system found in the small intestine that metabolizes some drugs prior to absorption into the bloodstream. This system is called CYP 3A4 and does play a role in the metabolism of certain drugs. Drugs that are affected by this interaction are metabolized less than usual when they are taken with GJ, allowing a higher amount to reach the bloodstream, and this will cause higher drug levels, sometimes with increases in clinical effects or side effects. This is why it may be a bad idea to take some prescription drugs with grapefruit juice, but it may be a good idea to take certain supplements with it.

HUCKLEBERRY FINNaplex said:
LOL,Fonz beat me to the punch.NARINGENIN...

I liked your explanation better though.

Godspeed

Great post guys,,, PRACTICAL INFORMATION..is fucking great!

peace :fro:

I think DD claimed GJ would increase the half of ritalin. Don't know about this.

Also, I'm not so sure you can get the N* in capsule form.. At least where I live you cant.

Andy

Top Bottom