Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

GnRH (LHRH) restores HPTA in AAS induced hypogonadism

IJ26

This was posted by Nandi12 over at cuttingedgemuscle so I figured Id bring it over. Its pretty interesting.

GnRH (LHRH) restores HPTA in AAS induced hypogonadism
This may very well be simplest method to respore testicular function in people suffering from AAS induced hypogonadism.

The patient described below was a professional bodybuilder who was suffering from AAS induced hypogonadism.

Several months after his last cycle he presented with testicular atrophy, gyno, and weight gain . His testosterone was very low, and LH, and FSH levels were below the levels of detection.

He was given 3 injections on consecutive days of 200 mcg GnRH. This is the hormone secreted by the hypothalamus that stimulates pituitary LH release. These injections restored all hormonal parameters to normal. The patient returned for followup exams three times during the next year, and on all three occasions hormone levels were normal

Int J Sports Med. 2003 Apr;24(3):195-6.

Androgenic anabolic steroid use and severe hypothalamic-pituitary dysfunction: a case study.

van Breda E, Keizer HA, Kuipers H, Wolffenbuttel BH.

The data of the present case demonstrate that the abuse of androgenic anabolic steroids (AAS) may lead to serious health effects. Although most clinical attention is usually directed towards peripheral side effects, the most serious central side effect, hypothalamic-pituitary-dysfunction, is often overlooked in severe cases. Although this latter central side-effect usually recovers spontaneously when AAS intake is discontinued, the present case shows that spontaneous recovery does not always take place. We suggest that hypothalamic-pituitary dysfunction should always be considered in the differential diagnosis in athletes seen with typical presentation of anabolic steroid use. In order to regain normal hypothalamic-pituitary function, supraphysiological doses of 200 microg LH-RH should be considered when the physiological challenge test with LH-RH (50 microg) fails to show an acceptable response.

so, what is there another name for GnRH(brand name, etc.)? Ive never seen GnRH "listed", but Id like to get some...

One persons results hardly constitute something we should all run out and buy. After all, LHRH just triggers the release of LH, HCG is in essence LH. If HCG suppresses natural LH release one would think LHRH would suppress normal LHRH release.

Dicyclofenil has GnRH as an ingredient and for me worked about the same as clomid. I didn't experience any visual sides on it either like I did on clomid.

Doesnt HCG only affect genitalia (testes) and not the hpta?
Im fuzzy on that, ill check my physio notes....

My sentiments exactlyZyg. LHRH pumps are used as a diagnostic tool.If all else fails, they are used to stimulate LH and FSH production in the pituitary for a female to ovulate or a male having these precursors to stimulate testosterone and sperm via the leydig and sertolli cells respectively.
Step1: give a bolus injection of HCG, to determine the responsiveness of the leydig cells to produce testosterone,hence ruling out leydig cell de-sensitization and primary hypogonadism.

Step2: If testicles work,we go to the pituitary gland and try to stimulate LH and FSH with the pump,wich is a small butterfly looking device that consists of a needle attached to a small pump,which is placed along the lower abdomen.These pumps deliver small pulsatile amounts of LHRH which mimicks production of the hypothalamus.Usually prescribed by an endo,andrologist or a fertility doctor.It's quite expensive,if coverage is not offered.You do not want to use a LHRH analogue like goserelin or luprorelin acetate, because these are too strong and will work temporary,but then will cause total suppression.They are used as a form of anti-androgen to totally halt LH production.Usually for bph.

Step3: If pump has been shown to produce adequate LH and FSH levels displayed by serum ria tests,then pituitary dysfunction can be ruled out. Finally clomiphene and tamoxifen citrate or both should be used to stimulate the hypothalm to produce LHRH on it's own.If effective HPTA integrity is preserved.

This is a heck of an interesting thread. B1, I'm guessing that what you just described is a typical clinical scenario? If so, it's interesting that they use Nolva and Clomid at the end to ultimately get things going in the right direction.- if I'm understanding this correctly.

Thanks for the info.

Jacob

bigrand said:
Doesnt HCG only affect genitalia (testes) and not the hpta?
Im fuzzy on that, ill check my physio notes....
umm, the HPTA stands for Hypothalimus, petuitary, testicular axis. HCG mimics LH and workds directly on the testis, however since LH is also a secreted hormone presence of exo LH in the form of HCG will inhibit LH release and the main reason people use it while the AAS is still in effect, that way it wont interfere further with recovery.

Top Bottom