Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Can you heat fina to boiling temp (212 degrees) to sterilize it?

Audio8

In other words, instead of baking it and risking damaging the fina, can you place the vial in boiling water for sterilization? Basically, is 212 degrees enough to kill bacteria? Anyone?

Simply heating tren does not sterilize it, its the cycling of heating and cooling that kills bacteria. As for boiling, if you have the pan on a stove to boil water, chances are the burner itself is over 220f and the vial will rest on the bottom of the pan and therefor likely get well over 220. I would stick to baking myself.

Zyglamail said:
Simply heating tren does not sterilize it, its the cycling of heating and cooling that kills bacteria. As for boiling, if you have the pan on a stove to boil water, chances are the burner itself is over 220f and the vial will rest on the bottom of the pan and therefor likely get well over 220. I would stick to baking myself.

when I boil it, I put the burner on the side of the pan, and put the vial on the other side to avoid this problem. Also, the fact that the contact between the glass and pan is saturated with water draws any extra heat away from the glass as well.

So do you think roughly 212 degrees-to-room-tempurature cyclying will be sufficient to kill any bacteria?

So do you think roughly 212 degrees-to-room-tempurature cyclying will be sufficient to kill any bacteria?
The baking/boiling is just a precautionary step anyways and not really needed, I dont do it anymore. Your method will likely work fine though.

Top Bottom