Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Best Antibiotic for abscess, not peinicllin based

You need an injectable antibiotic if you have an abcess. Oral anti b's can't penetrate it alone. You need to see a Dr.

Don't fuck around. It could turn into a staph infection and cost you $1000's in med bills, not to mention that it could possibly kill you.

an Oral worked here but it took about 5 days to start working

its was an Antibiotic similar to Tetracycline but one level stronger ( I forget the name)

i had one a month ago and took 300mgs clindamyacin 3x's daily was gone by 4th-5th day. not sure if it has pen. or not but wrkd very well 4 me

You need an antibiotic with good Staph A. coverage. Tetracycline is not the best. You would do better with keflex. Clindamycin, doxycyline, erythromycin, amoxicillin are all acceptable alternatives.

I think you guys that took oral antibiotics alone would've healed on your own. A true abcess will not be affected by oral antibiotics alone. I know from experience and have seen a couple decent bb's competitive careers ended by abcesses. One spent 3 weeks in the hospital(2 of which were in intensive care), lost 40 lbs, and aquired a nice $40K med bill. Another had a huge chunk of his ass removed and has a giant hole in his ass cheek to this day.

Dude, just go to the doc....PLEASE....the abcess should be cultured to see whats in there....THEN you decide what anti b to use.....it depends on the organism and its suceptibility when deciding treatment.....

I see way too many people on vanco and newer carbepenims in the hospital...too many drug resistant infections...if you are going to treat it, get a profesional to do it right....
Not to mention, as stated above, although an oral agent will work, the abcess should be lanced and packed.

Erythro is a little dated, more sides than the newer doxy......i better stop before i go on for hours about anti-bs

Yup you need an incision and drainage if the abscess is bad. The 2 most common antibiotics we prescribe are Bactrim and Doxycycline for abscesses.

Top Bottom