Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Anastrozole can increase IGF1...Maybe?

Time_Bomb

I got this from "The Journal of Steroid Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Vol. 80"

From what I understand Anastrozole (liqudex) is not only a aromatase inhibitor but can also "significantly increase" IGF1. Here's the abstract bellow. ...Hmmmm,, Comments??

Abstract
Insulin-like growth factors (IGFs) play a fundamental role in cancer development by acting in both an endocrinal and paracrinal manner, and hormone breast cancer treatments affect the IGF system by modifying circulating growth factor levels. We evaluated total IGF-1, IGF-2, IGF binding protein (IGFBP)-1 and IGFBP-3 in the blood of 34 postmenopausal advanced breast cancer patients (median age 63 years, range 41-85) treated with anastrozole, a non-steroidal structure aromatase inhibitor (NSS-AI). The plasma samples were obtained at baseline, and after 2, 4, 8 and 12 weeks of treatment. The IGFs were quantitated by means of sensitive radioimmunoassays (RIAs). IGF-1 significantly increased during anastrozole treatment (baseline versus 12 weeks, P=0.031), IGF-2 showed a trend towards an increase, and IGFBP-1 constantly but not significantly decreased; IGFBP-3 did not seem to be affected at all. The anastrozole-induced changes in IGFs and IGFBP-1 appeared to be different in the patients receiving a clinical benefit from those observed in non-responders. We have previously shown that letrozole (a different type of NSS-AI) modifies blood IGF-1 levels, and the results of this study of the biological effects of anastrozole on the components of the IGF system confirm our previous observations.

I've only seen studies that show that Anastrozole lowers IGF-1 levels. Letrozole has been shown to reduce levels as well, although to a lesser extent than either Anastrozole or Nolvadex. This study is news to me, but I'm a bit skeptical.

There is a documented link between IGF-1 levels and breast cancer. The first sentence in the study agrees with this. So how could a readilly prescribed breast cancer medication cause an increase in a hormone that is linked to breast cancer? Seems contradictory to me. I'm sticking with the research that states IGF-1 levels are slighlty decreased. It just makes more sense.

We need Zygla and Nandi on this one.

Before I put to much faith into any study I would like it seen on a bodybuilder that is taking a gram of test! Then I will have a little more faith in it!

gearedup50 said:
Before I put to much faith into any study I would like it seen on a bodybuilder that is taking a gram of test! Then I will have a little more faith in it!

If only gearheads owned a lab...

monkeyballs said:

If only gearheads owned a lab...

bump...for more comments on ana -raising IGF-1 levels.

- that's what I want to do, what the hell would be the course of study in college? - what would be a good major that study's the shit we talk about on this board day to day? > Biochemistry? I want to study how nutrition, supps, drug, steroids, cardio, weight-training, stress, etc...all effects the body. Sorry to go off topic but it was perfect timing to monkeyballs comment.

SOLID

The authors of that the study on anastrozole are the same ones who published the results that letrozole increases IGF-1. Coincidence? I don't know. Every other study of which I am aware shows anastrozole lowers IGF-1.

Top Bottom