Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Anabolic vs Androgenic

Lestat

MVP
EF VIP
I'm allowed a few newbie questions from time to time right..

Can someone give me a quick definition of what anabolic means... and what androgenic means?

Someone correct me If I am wrong:

Anything anabolic is related to the growth of muscle tissue and size while androgens are responsible for many different physiological factors in our bodies as in sex drive, hair, libido, mood and etc. AAS usually while failr anabolic, may exhibit androgenic related side effects like hairloss, lowered libido and etc.

How about a good old dictionary definition?

a·nab·o·lism ( P ) Pronunciation Key (-nb-lzm)
n.
The phase of metabolism in which simple substances are synthesized into the complex materials of living tissue.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[ana- + (meta)bolism.]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
anabolic

\An`a*bol"ic\, a. [Gr. ? something heaped up; ? + ? a stroke.] (Physiol.) Pertaining to anabolism; an anabolic changes, or processes, more or less constructive in their nature.

an·dro·gen
n.
A steroid hormone, such as testosterone or androsterone, that controls the development and maintenance of masculine characteristics. Also called androgenic hormone.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
andro·genic adj.

androgenic

adj : of or related to the male hormone androgen

I think all steroids are really anabolic-androgenic in nature. The phrase "such-and-such is an anabolic steroid" really refers to it's tendency to act in a more anabolic way than say an androgenic way.

Analobic: promotes growth of muscle tissue with little or no masculinization (deeping of voice, facial hair, etc) they also accelerate recovery following exercise. Examples are winny, var, primo...

Adrogenic: causes muscle tissue growth and masculinization. Think test here.

They are all really ratios of the two, though, ardo and anabolic. For a long time there drug companies concentrated on trying to eliminate the adrogenic component in favor or more anabolism. Now, I am not so sure that there's really an incintive to do so...

All steroids are derivatives of synthetic testosterone, all steroids possess both androgenic and anabolic properties, and all steroids bind to the same receptor. Some steroids have been bio-chemically engineered, however, to exhibit more anabolic properties and fewer undesireable androgenic side effects. Deca, primo, equipoise, masteron are examples of such drugs........and deca is the original.

The standard scientific measurement of the androgenic/anabolic ratio of a given steroid is a comparison of the effects of the drug on the growth of prostate tissue vs. skeletal muscle tissue.

For example, in such tests, esterless deca exhibits 80% less effect on the growth of prostate tissue (bad stuff) and 240% more effect on growth of skeletal muscle tissue (good stuff) than does esterless testosterone.

ironmaster said:
All steroids are derivatives of synthetic testosterone, all steroids possess both androgenic and anabolic properties, and all steroids bind to the same receptor. Some steroids have been bio-chemically engineered, however, to exhibit more anabolic properties and fewer undesireable androgenic side effects. Deca, primo, equipoise, masteron are examples of such drugs........and deca is the original.

The standard scientific measurement of the androgenic/anabolic ratio of a given steroid is a comparison of the effects of the drug on the growth of prostate tissue vs. skeletal muscle tissue.

For example, in such tests, esterless deca exhibits 80% less effect on the growth of prostate tissue (bad stuff) and 240% more effect on growth of skeletal muscle tissue (good stuff) than does esterless testosterone.

Excellent explanation IMO.

thanks a ton ironmaster, that was great.

Top Bottom