Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

2hr post w/o meal and slin, also slin/R-ALA

F

FREAKZILLA1

ok, if you take your 8iu insulin with your 80 grams sugar post w/o (and 40 grams whey)........then you take a big 100gram maltodextrin drink w/ 50 grams longer acting proteins 2 hrs later....do you take MORE insulin with that feeding???? or would you adjust your post w/o insulin dosage according to the 2hr window post w/o??? confused here. also, R-ALA should be avoided during administering of insulin (or at least for the duration the insulin is active). or is it beneficial to insulin usage???

FREAKZILLA1 said:
ok, if you take your 8iu insulin with your 80 grams sugar post w/o (and 40 grams whey)........

then you take a big 100gram maltodextrin drink w/ 50 grams longer acting proteins 2 hrs later....do you take MORE insulin with that feeding????

or would you adjust your post w/o insulin dosage according to the 2hr window post w/o??? confused here. also, R-ALA should be avoided during administering of insulin (or at least for the duration the insulin is active). or is it beneficial to insulin usage???

The first part is just dandy.

Albeit 2 hours later - at the peak of the insulin (depending on what analogue you are using) you should be taking in a 100g of chiefly lower GI carbs. The maltodextrin will work, and I presume that is what your using post-workout also, but you should at least try and get around 50% of the 2-hour mark carbs from a no fat, low GI source like cream of wheat.

You don’t take more insulin the 2-hour peak, as that is when the initial insulin's concentration will be the highest in your body. Plus the window of insulin (>Log) is a min. 4 hours, not 2. If you don’t even know the half life of the potentially hazardous compound in question, you should seriously reconsider using it.

Don't use R-ALA at all while the insulin is active, the last thing you need is to unpredictably supersensitize your glut-4's and increase the effect of the insulin by a variable x amount more. Once your cycle is over, or is the insulin’s window of action, ALA would conceivably be quite useful in resensitizing the receptors you downgraded with the exogenous peptides.

If your confused about anything, don't touch the compound.

Re: Re: 2hr post w/o meal and slin, also slin/R-ALA

KnoXville said:

Albeit 2 hours later - at the peak of the insulin (depending on what analogue you are using) you should be taking in a 100g of chiefly lower GI carbs. The maltodextrin will work, and I presume that is what your using post-workout also, but you should at least try and get around 50% of the 2-hour mark carbs from a no fat, low GI source like cream of wheat.

You don’t take more insulin the 2-hour peak, as that is when the initial insulin's concentration will be the highest in your body. Plus the window of insulin (>Log) is a min. 4 hours, not 2. If you don’t even know the half life of the potentially hazardous compound in question, you should seriously reconsider using it.

Don't use R-ALA at all while the insulin is active, the last thing you need is to unpredictably supersensitize your glut-4's and increase the effect of the insulin by a variable x amount more. Once your cycle is over, or is the insulin’s window of action, ALA would conceivably be quite useful in resensitizing the receptors you downgraded with the exogenous peptides.

actually i was well aware of the 4-12 hour half life (depending on individual) ;). just wondering if any additional insulin was necessary, even though i figured not from reading previous posts. and as you can see, i figured R-ala would be a bad idea w/ insulin.....but i am not all-knowing, so i asked. actually the post w/o carbs are sugars from phoshpagen XT (i may need to nix that for phosphagen HP since the XT has 4-hydroxyisoleucine in it which i think affects carb metabolism in some way). dextrose/maltose with a few grams of potato starch is the contents. the 2 hr post would be Mass fuel by Twinlab. 100g carbs/50g protein. you guys need to realize w/o asking questions you can't learn. search does not always lead to a particular answer....hence the "don't use this if you don't know what your doing, your gonna hurt yourself" gets a bit old. as you may notice i got the carb to iu down, the timing down, the post w/o drink down, the 2hr post w/o drink down, nixing insulin type supps down. so not like i am a total retard here :). but thanks for the good info nonetheless on some of my final questions.

You dont say which insulin. Personally i dont like the short window of humalog. Ive used R forever wo any hypo incidences.
R peaks at around 2 hrs and out in 4hrs or so. I take slin post workout about 1 hr later and then eat then or within the next hour and again 2 hrs later. Since i workout at the end of the day I sometimes just eat post shot and then often keep eating small amounts for the next few hours while 0n line. I call my keyboard the crumb board.:D

Re: Re: 2hr post w/o meal and slin, also slin/R-ALA

KnoXville said:

Good advice right there.

marky said:
You dont say which insulin. Personally i dont like the short window of humalog. Ive used R forever wo any hypo incidences.
R peaks at around 2 hrs and out in 4hrs or so. I take slin post workout about 1 hr later and then eat then or within the next hour and again 2 hrs later. Since i workout at the end of the day I sometimes just eat post shot and then often keep eating small amounts for the next few hours while 0n line. I call my keyboard the crumb board.:D

yeah, its humulin-R. don't you remember the humulin-R post a few posts down you just participated in??? lol. :D would it be ok to do the carbs/slin 30 minutes post w/o....then eat 2 hrs later? i figure 1/2 hour vrs your 1hr is no big deal. just that i like to get the post w/o feeding going within 30 minutes. but i could shower and get ready for work first and waste and hour. :)

Theres a debate over how quick to get your post wkout recovery meal. Some say right away while others wait a while. I go with the same schedule as my normal eating pattern. If my workout is
one hour and I last ate one hour prior to wkout(usually a protein shake) then I will eat again 3 hours later which would be one hour post wo. I love middle of the nite fri visits.:D

Re: Re: Re: 2hr post w/o meal and slin, also slin/R-ALA

FREAKZILLA1 said:
so not like i am a total retard here :). but thanks for the good info nonetheless on some of my final questions.

I didn't insinuate that you were a retard, although to be fully truthful here I myself am a quite avid fan of the retard population for both entertainment and sexual purposes. I'm sure you especially wanted to hear that. So like I was saying, my reply was fashioned that way because of the simplicity of your questions, I unfortunately don’t have a mental rolodex of everyone’s subject knowledge on elite. Instead of assuming people know better, I find it much better to just make such blanket statements for potentially perilous hormones.

marky said:
Theres a debate over how quick to get your post wkout recovery meal. Some say right away while others wait a while. I go with the same schedule as my normal eating pattern. If my workout is
one hour and I last ate one hour prior to wkout(usually a protein shake) then I will eat again 3 hours later which would be one hour post wo. I love middle of the nite fri visits.:D

i kinda cramrod it all in there. wake up at 9:00 and take two servings of amino fuel liquid to get some quick fuel in there by 9:30 when i work out......then i'm finished by 10:00-10:15....drink the post w/o drink by 10:30 or so.......go to work at 11:00 and chug the next drink by 12:30. i tend to drink something ~15 minutes post w/o then jump in the shower. less things to do after showering the better. :D guess i am brainwashed with the "2hr magic window" thing. try to get two feedings in within 2 1/2 hours post w/o.

Top Bottom