Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I was asked this today

RADAR

Thought it would be a good read for you ladies, Esp if you use the scale everyday!

whats up radar? this is sometihng that came across my mind yesterday and was wondering if you know anything about this..

what different kinds of meats digest slower or faster? we use whey and casein at different times so i was thinking maybe the meat i eat when i wake up should be something faster digesting and something slower digesting before bed..
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Great Question

let us have some insight on how long it takes to digest from the moment we ingest food up to the last process of digestion. The chewing takes only few seconds as we try to broken up the food in the mouth, moistened with our saliva, and formed into a ball or bolus for easy swallowing. The amylase in our saliva is responsible now to break down the starches and simple sugars in our food before it travels down to the esophagus then down to the stomach. Please take note that the longer we chew, the faster the digestion would take place because the rate of digestion speeds up as the food is broken down and chewed properly.

Fish and Sea Food would be my pick of be more rapidly absorbed by the body while steak would be the slowest!
Meat may stay in the intestines for 24-72 hours and still depend on its type. Likewise, red meat in particular takes 1-3 days to complete the digestion process because of fat content and high protein,
Even the quick digesting foods have to wait until the slowest digesting food like meat leave the stomach. This process may take up to 6-8 hours. To be more exact on the digestive time of various proteins, egg yolk digestion time is around 30 minutes; the whole egg is approximately 45 minutes; fish which is less fatty like sole seafood, cod, flounder, and scrod takes 30 minutes to digest; while more fatty fish including salmon, herring, salmon trout can take 45-60 minutes to digest; the chicken without skin can take up 1 1/2 – 2 hours before it leaves the stomach (what more for chicken with skin?); the turkey without skin is much longer to digest because it can stay 2-2 1/4 hours of digestion; the most favorite beef and lamb can really stay 3-4 hours; lastly, the pork which is always part of the meal can take 4 1/2- 5 hours to digest.

Now, if the stomach is full, what happens to other foods ingested together with the meat like carbohydrates, starches, vegetables and fruits? While they are waiting for the stomach to be emptied, they undergo fermentation that produces acid, gas, and the most common indigestion problems.

So in Summary it's best to eat the faster ,waterly digesting foods before meat!

Thank you for your post!

Radar this is an amazing read thank you, I have been wondering about the digestive system a lot lately myself.

After eating my egg whites and oats AM how long would it take for my stomach to be empty again do you think?

Radar this is an amazing read thank you, I have been wondering about the digestive system a lot lately myself.

After eating my egg whites and oats AM how long would it take for my stomach to be empty again do you think?

Alot of that will depend upon serving size i would bet 45 mins to an Hour if the stomach was completely empty to start with.

Last edited:
Hmmmm. Interesting.

I weigh myself daily, but jut as a tool to make sure I am on the right track and to help me make sure I stay hydrated. I can tell immediately if I have an "off" day of drinking water - scale is high a couple lbs the next morning without fail. The only weight I kep track of is every Saturday AM.

And no wonder my morning smoothie/shake doesn't hang around long. I should add some fat to it.....

Thanks for the info! Things make a bit more sense now!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using EliteFitness

Hey Radar, thank you for posting this!! This is probably a stupid question but would tofu be considered a fast digesting food and do you know how long it would take? Also when the other foods undergo fermentation do they become useless nutrition-wise?

Hey Radar, thank you for posting this!! This is probably a stupid question but would tofu be considered a fast digesting food and do you know how long it would take? Also when the other foods undergo fermentation do they become useless nutrition-wise?

OK you got me on this one, altho i've heard about it ,I don't think i've ever eaten it. so after some research, I have concluded that Nutrition-wise, tofu is in a league of its own. To start with, it is a complete source of protein, being one of the only food products that provide all eight essential amino acids. It contains no animal fats or cholesterol, is low on sodium, contains few calories, and is easy to digest. It is also an excellent source of iron and Vitamin B. And because calcium sulfate is used in the manufacturing process, it is a worthwhile source of calcium.
So no it's not a stupid question.

yes tofu is a faster digesting food unfortunately this area has been poorly studied and not much research has been done that has any revelance to a meal being eaten later in the day , i will say however that whole meals take much longer to digest than sometime as actually claimed,a moderate meal may still be digesting 5-6 hrs later,even if a fast acting protein is used,there is no guarantee that it will still act fast if there's still food sitting in the gut.
foods waiting to be processed while fermintation is taking place the amino's and other nutrients are slowly being absorbed into the bloodstream.

Last edited:
Ahhh okay thanks! It's good to hear as tofu is one of my favorite things to eat ...mostly because it takes no time at all to make and you can make it taste like anything if you know how to use it. I was guessing it would digest about the same speed as fish or chicken. You have never tried it!! Well I would make you some but I'm afraid it would get ruined by the time it reached you. Okay well thank you for the info. :)

Top Bottom