Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

You have weak muscles.

oso0960

Hey guys I haven't been on this website for a long time but want to share some food for thought that will benefit anybody not already doing the exercises below.

For 7+ years I've been doing the same ol' squat/bench/row/press/dead/pullup 5x5 thing which I'm sure a lot of you are doing right now. I thought, "Hey, the whole body is getting worked so I don't really NEED to do assistance, right? Besides, I'm too worn out after the big 3!"

WRONG!!

Sure, every muscle may be getting worked, but some more so than others! Neglecting to address several weaknesses (I didn't know any better...) put me in some serious anterior pelvic tilt, gave me tight hamstrings, AND crappy shoulder/head posture! (along with some painless clicking ankles and shoulders)

I found out that these problems occurred since I neglected:

• Abs & Iliopsoas
    Lower Trapezius
    Adductors
It never hurts to address other possible minor imbalances like shins, hand extensors, trunk rotation, obliques, and extra glute work either (you can never have too strong an ass).

I've seen some serious gains in all of my lifts as well as have significantly better posture (and feel better) by swapping 1 workout day for:

• Dumbbell Overhead Squats w/exaggerated bottom hold
    Scapular Pushups
    Pistol Squats
    Glute Bridges w/maximum contraction at top position
    Lying Leg Raise (Lasègue Test)

Lift for life guys, good luck.

Top Bottom