Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Preacher Curl form...

FitnessJunkie01

When performing this isolated exercise for bicep growth, what is the best position when seated to reduce the risk of damaging tendons / elbow joint sprains?!...

I find when performing Hammer curls it engages my Brachioradialis muscle...

Is there's a particular range of motion "Form" or recommend hight whilst seated to prevent damaging tendons / elbow joint sprains is what I'm really curious to know...

I've done a lot of preacher curls over the years, I like the isolation you get. For a complete bi workout I'll do straight bar for greatest biceps isolation, follow with easy curl, then a hammer bar, and finish with reverse curls. I find it best to adjust the arm support up to your armpits so you can't rock with your shoulders. Lighter weights I'll go full extension, but when I go heavy my arms only go parallel to the ground. If you're not used to heavy preacher curls, it's best not to do them without a spotter who knows what they're doing. You can hurt yourself, torn tendons, muscles or ligaments are possible if the weight gets away from you or you do too much. Last year I hurt my arms working out for the first time into life. In May I did something I normally wouldn't do, heavy Arnold shoulder presses at the end of a workout (normally that would be a towards the beginning). We'll one dumbbell got away from my left arm and it fell away laterally to the left. I didn't like that popping noise inside my arm. Anyway, 4 months later my arm was seemingly back and I was increasing weight on the preacher. 135# felt great, got 10 reps easy, so I thought it was ready to get back to my max (185#). So I put on 180#, concentrated on using more right arm, but didn't have my normal spotter. Bad move. Big pop in my right arm, damage to the bicep and forearm. I'm just getting back to full strength for me now. Find a good spotter and take you're time working up in weight.

I find when performing Hammer curls it engages my Brachioradialis muscle...

Is there's a particular range of motion "Form" or recommend hight whilst seated to prevent damaging tendons / elbow joint sprains is what I'm really curious to know...

You gotta think what part is most at risk. At the bottom. When the weight is too heavy, letting it hyper extend your elbow. I'm betting doing db curls on an incline bench will be a better and safer lift. Your shoulders will help absorb much of any jerking motion.

Top Bottom