Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

needsize's ab routine?

Bump

Bump. I did have a very good six pack myself, but Im interested because I'll probably start training it again soon :)

I don't know if he's changed it recently but here is the one he has posted before.

Originally posted by Needsize:

Try this one, this is the only ab exercise I've done for a couple of years now, and it totally transformed my abs
Start on a decline bench, slowly lower yourself until your around halfway down, to the point where you feel the most resistance. Hold that for a slow count of 5, then slowly bring yourself back up. That's one rep, aim for say 5 sets of 5 reps, to start, once you can do that, either add more reps or start to add weight. My abs now stick out to the point where I can see them pretty well even when carrying a lot of bodyfat. This was taught to me by a nationally ranked powerlifter, as a means of strengthening my abs to improve my squat, so it has that benefit as well as building wicked looking abs.

You can also add a little twist action at the top if you're looking for even more effort. I don't though.

thats still the way I follow it, you could see from my video how that worked out

That's insane, I just went and tried it in my basement. You can feel a lot of resistance.

Needsize, how many times a week do you do this?

needsize said:
thats still the way I follow it, you could see from my video how that worked out [/QUOTE

How much decline angle are we talking here? 45 degrees? Is that too steep??

More karma to you buddy.

needsize said:
thats still the way I follow it, you could see from my video how that worked out

Sounds great and simple. I saw your videos and THEN started this thread haha...

On the decline bench you have your legs braced under the bar? I thought doing situps this way did mainly your hip flexors so I'm just making sure. Of course from what I hear ExRx isn't exactly the best source...

(This is what I'm talking about just so there's no confusion: http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/HipFlexors/WtDeclineSitup.html)

Thanks!

I do have my legs braced, and the angle is generally around 45 degrees, steep is good as it seems to put more stress on the abs

Top Bottom