Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

A good goodmorning instruction source?

beerdrinker

I'm at a point where I think I need to do assistance work for my deadlift. I'm having trouble with my back rounding at weights over 300. My max is 3x335, and it isn't that pretty. I'm not jerking it up my thigh or anything, I just feel a rounding in my back.

I've read that goodmornings can help with this, so can anyone point me to a good site/video that explains how to do them properly?

Yeah, that was a good read.

Any other assistance work to help with my rounding back I should be doing?

OT but related, ever since I got some chalk, my grip has been solid, and I even went back to double over hand (I had to go to mixed grip at over 300 because of slipping before I got the chalk). Good stuff.

make sure to get in some heavy ab work too.

some more suggestions off the top of my head:
pull off a raised platform, maybe stand on an aerobic stepper or even 1-2 45lb plates. be careful the plates dont slip on each other if you're using 2.
another thing you could try is to do lighter weight for 8-10 reps WITH A ROUNDED BACK! (this is a slightly unconventional way of building strength that i read about in an article on finnish deadlifters)

silver_shadow said:
make sure to get in some heavy ab work too.

Will start. I don't do any now. Come to think of it, my weak abs may be my biggest problem. I just can't keep them tight enough it seems.

silver_shadow said:
some more suggestions off the top of my head:
pull off a raised platform, maybe stand on an aerobic stepper or even 1-2 45lb plates. be careful the plates dont slip on each other if you're using 2.
another thing you could try is to do lighter weight for 8-10 reps WITH A ROUNDED BACK! (this is a slightly unconventional way of building strength that i read about in an article on finnish deadlifters)

Sounds interesting. I'd like to learn a little more about that. Got a link?

Top Bottom