Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

The Golden Age

majutsu

I spent the afternoon with a crippled vietnam vet and ex-powerlifter. He worked with some of the greats. He was showing me videos of the greats and giving me tips/reminiscing. Having watched Kaz and Coan today, I am a little embarassed to call myself a modern powerlifter. Man, the heart, the drive, the energy of the Golden Age are palpable. Do you think powerlifting will ever feel that again? If so, how?

Times change. You have to evolve and adapt. I like the raw stuff and admire some of the past powerliftes for their incredible strength feats.

oh, I'm not a raw fanatic. I love my knee wraps and bench shirts especially. I'm nursing a right rotator cuff tiny tear I reopened from 2003 with raw bench work a few weeks before a new shirt came. I meant the heart, the drive, the vision. It seems a little jaded and routine now. But, then again, at a local level it feels like the old supportive spirit is still alive. I expect some folk to get all angry or self-righteous about gear though, and that's good.

what did the old timers do that we are not doing...to prevent and treat shoulder injuries? I'm curious because, I had two shoulder surgeries in the last 3 yrs, and after I heal from the most recent one I do not want a 3rd surgery.

do you guys do preventive rotator cuff work and still get injured? what exercises caused your injury?

cccp said:
do you guys do preventive rotator cuff work and still get injured? what exercises caused your injury?

Wide grip presses are notorious for rotator problems. Illegal wides and cambered oly bench bars can wreak havoc. This is a big reason powerlifters tuck their elbows when benching and don't like to exceed 45 degrees from the torso.

:cow:

majutsu said:
I meant the heart, the drive, the vision. It seems a little jaded and routine now.

im not understanding... so lifters today dont have heart, drive or vision? or just different? how so? what is jaded and routine? when i go to the meet theres no jaded people all that exists on the internet

Top Bottom