Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
Press Training
Mesocycle 20 - Week 2

Beginning Thoughts:

Just got done working out...​

Workout:

Banded Overhead Press:
155 lbs x 2 reps @ 94%
155 lbs x 2 reps @ 94%
165 lbs x 1 rep @ 100%
155 lbs x 2 reps @ 94%
The goal was to hit 3 doubles above 90% of my max plus one single at 100%. Next week the goal is to hit 4 doubles. I'm gonna slowly increase the volume to 7 doubles hopefully.

Incline Crazy Bell Bench Press:
185 lbs x 4 reps x 3 sets
This was hard but I'm damn proud of myself for following through on this.

Side Lateral Raises:
12.5 lbs x 15 reps x 3 sets
I need to be careful with this exercise because of my shoulder injuries.

Superset

Inverted Rows:
BW x 15 reps x 3 sets
The pump I got from this super set is unbelievable.

Side Plank Rows:
BW x 30 seconds x 3 sets

Videos:

A little of everything:

Overall Impression:

I haven't eaten anything save 3 scoops of whey first thing in the morning and then my usual 2 scoops of Whey + 2 scoops of Dex during my workout...

My diet has been really good over the last 2 weeks. The last few days I've intentionally tried to keep myself eating clean but over the last 2 weeks I have managed to go from 205 lbs to 195 lbs. I know it's not water weight because when I weighed myself today at 195 lbs I was bloated like a pig and constipated as hell lol...​

Press Training
Mesocycle 20 - Week 2

Beginning Thoughts:
Just got done working out...​
Workout:
Banded Overhead Press:
155 lbs x 2 reps @ 94%
155 lbs x 2 reps @ 94%
165 lbs x 1 rep @ 100%
155 lbs x 2 reps @ 94%
The goal was to hit 3 doubles above 90% of my max plus one single at 100%. Next week the goal is to hit 4 doubles. I'm gonna slowly increase the volume to 7 doubles hopefully.

Incline Crazy Bell Bench Press:
185 lbs x 4 reps x 3 sets
This was hard but I'm damn proud of myself for following through on this.

Side Lateral Raises:
12.5 lbs x 15 reps x 3 sets
I need to be careful with this exercise because of my shoulder injuries.

Superset

Inverted Rows:
BW x 15 reps x 3 sets
The pump I got from this super set is unbelievable.

Side Plank Rows:
BW x 30 seconds x 3 sets
Videos:
A little of everything:
Overall Impression:
I haven't eaten anything save 3 scoops of whey first thing in the morning and then my usual 2 scoops of Whey + 2 scoops of Dex during my workout...

My diet has been really good over the last 2 weeks. The last few days I've intentionally tried to keep myself eating clean but over the last 2 weeks I have managed to go from 205 lbs to 195 lbs. I know it's not water weight because when I weighed myself today at 195 lbs I was bloated like a pig and constipated as hell lol...​

Damn I am going to have to try that incline press thing sometime, it looks really fun:)

Squat Training
Mesocycle 20 - Week 2

Beginning Thoughts:

This is Monday's training. I have been too lazy to update it lol...

Diet has been awesome though. Getting in all my protein which is step 1 in the right direction. 250-260 grams per day.​

Workout:

Front Squats:
I warmed up for this but then realized that I shouldn't do heavy front squats 2 days prior to deads....so I called it quits and hopped over to do some metabolic conditioning.

Metabolic Conditioning for 2 rounds:
Unilateral Press and Lunge = 40 lbs x 6 reps
Renegade Rows = 40 lbs x 6 reps
Kettlebell Swings = 55 lbs x 12 reps
Dumbbell Windmills = 30 lbs x 10 reps
Destroyed me.

Facepulls:
90 lbs x 15 reps x 3 sets

Videos:

Metabolic Conditioning:

Overall Impression:

This workout was kinda meh...I'm gonna be starting a new front squat percentage based cycle come next week. Not completely sure about it as yet but it's gonna involve moving more weight.​

Deadlift Training
Mesocycle 20 - Week 3

Beginning Thoughts:

Just got back from the gym. Very tiring workout.​

Workout:

Deadlift Warm-up:
Mobility Drills
135 lbs x 7 reps
245 lbs x 5 reps
295 lbs x 5 reps
345 lbs x 3 reps
385 lbs x 2 reps
415 lbs x 2 reps

Deadlift Singles @ > 90%:
455 lbs @ 96%
475 lbs @ 100%
475 lbs @ 100%
455 lbs @ 96%
455 lbs @ 96%
455 lbs @ 96%
455 lbs @ 96%
430 lbs @ 90%
430 lbs @ 90%
430 lbs @ 90%
Summary:
Week 1 = 7 Singles = Average Weight @ 445.7 lbs
Week 2 = 5 Singles = Average Weight @ 459.0 lbs
Week 3 = 10 Singles = Average Weight @ 451.5 lbs
Felt goooooood.....

Pistol Squats:
Skipped. Gym was already closed and I was thrown out by Campus Security lol...

Hand Extensions:
2 bands x 20 reps x 3 sets

Videos:

Deadlifts:

Overall Impression:

Been a decent week. Next week is gonna be hell with 4 exams and papers and what not....Arg...not looking forward to that one bit.

On a good note: I have been watching Dexter and Prison Break. I know I'm late on the scene but I've finished Season 1 and 2 of Dexter (watching Season 3 right now) and I'm in the process of watching Season 2 of Prison Break. The good thing about PB is that it doesn't allow you to get bored. It's got things going on all the time. I love shows like that. Similar shows which have so many overlapping stories and facades created by characters, etc are The Shield and Sons of Anarchy.

I hope y'all have had a good week. Thanks for reading and have a wonderful weekend! :)

Awesome opportunity to get some information on Strength Training

Eric Troy over at GUStrength has posted a really AWESOME .pdf (free) for anyone who signs up for the newsletter. The .pdf is like 45 pages long and extremely dense with training and nutrition information: Sign-up sheet is on the front page itself

Cheers and I hope everyone's had a good week!!! :)

ps: This is not spam nor am I (or is anybody for that matter) making any money from people visiting or signing up on GUStrength. It is a totally FREE website which is why I am promoting this opportunity to gain some new knowledge and information which is TOTALLY FREE!

So please guys, go ahead and sign up. You have nothing to lose.

And like I said before, nobody - not Eric, not GUStrength, not me - literally NOBODY is gaining any money from you visiting or signing up or downloading the free PDF. This is truly a great opportunity.

Top Bottom