Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Where's the respect . . . ?

benchmonster

For Ryan Kennely?

Maybe it is just me, but I just got done reading the June issue of Powerlifting USA, and it does not seem to me that all the top lifters are not being treated equally. Scott Mendelson is on the cover, and I cannot argue with that, he is a studd.

However, in the same issue, on the very last page, there is a little snippet about Kennely benching 768. It seems to me that this is pretty damn big news, and did not get a whole lot of press. Am I the only one seeing it this way?

I could be off my rocker, but it sure seems like the LA lifting club, and the IPF get a ton more coverage than some others who appear at least as deserving. This is a relatively minor rant, but I just thought that Kennelly deserved some more ink than he got.

B.

Last edited:
YOUR RIGHT I don't get the mag but 768 is huge weight to be pressing. The guy should at least get 2 pages to himself or pics of the meet and him something. HOLY SHIT he got jipped. I think this is where PLJAY was talking about earlier how politics come into play. Maybe not alot of people know him or don't want him to be recognized. Who knows I think he should be.

I don't disagree with you. Kennely definitely deserves more.

But, PLUSA is always 2-3 months behind the current happenings. As far as I can remember, this is the way it's been. Just something to think about.

Ryan Kennely deserves more respect then most of the guys out there. I mean come on he holds the WRB with a 780. But, he is on the cover of MonsterMuscle. Cubanito, this is what me and PLJAY were talking about when it comes to politics. Also, Those guys from LALC and everyone else come on to the internet and talk, not in a bad way, but they make sure everyone knows whats going on, and Ryan never does that. July 27th, 800lbs will be benched by this man. And we will see if this guy gets the respect that he deserves.

FREAK19

Well first off monster musle will give him respect. Also coming from PL USA what do you expect? Look at the peopel who they interview? Or hell look at the DR. Judd AKA queer! Dr. Larry MIller? No comment. Ya he is strong but dam he gets alot of exposure. The articles and coverage there goes to those that are freindly with the writers.

The internet is a strong tool. LA lifitng uses it every day. The internet and who you know will get you where your respect. But the internet can really fuck you up too. I personally think Scot mendolson sounds like a jerk. Sorry but reading his shit on Go heavy is too much! He brags too much. A little is ok but he downs others.

If Ryan wants the respect, he has do the following BESIDES bench even more. First he needs to post on Go Heavy and other similiar forums and argue with mendolson , and Harris. Then he will be seen as a true bencher of monster porportions. Then just generally be on line so much his name rings on every site. Like Tim Bruner, and jason Brunell. If those two internet icons where to ever lift anything close to a record they would be on the cover quick. I can name a bunch of guys just like them. A ton. Your known for your big mouth, not your lifting. I think Ryan has a good fan base that respect him and like his low key approach. Others low key are Gary frank, Ano, Louie Simmons (even though he doesnt need too, every site is westside crazy), Glen Chabot, Dave Waterman, George Halbert, Kenny Patterson, Dewayne Nealy. Ryan lets his lifting do the Talking. That is awesome! And he is number 1 except Halbert. Sorry folks Halbert rules!

Last edited:
Freak, Jay, others,

You are exactly right. I am glad it is not just me. Halbert is in a league of his own, but it seems like on goheavy it is always Mendelson, Harris, Burnell, and "the people's champ" who are talking, sometimes it seems like Mendelson and some of the other heavy's are badmouthing each other for reasons I cannot comprehend.

Maybe handling 700 plus causes this, I may never know, but I assure you if I ever make it to that level, I am not going to be talking smack about other people. I genuinely want all my competitors to hit a P.R. and then for myself to beat them with a bigger P.R. I would not wish ill on others, and cannot understand those who do.

As far as the Maile's, Larry Miller, etc. . . that PLUSA pimps, I don't really understand why. The more I read about some of these people in PLUSA the less I think of them. Too bad that running the mouth gets more ink than running up the weights.

Halbert is king, but Kennelly is a force of nature. Best wishes to all.

B.

Top Bottom