Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

my first meet

ironpipes47

ive been here along time but i only read the stuff. im a football player. im 16 decided to go to a meet. but i was just wondering what it would be like

It is very hard to say. One of the greatest things about a PL meet is that people who have never seen you before will help you if you need it. This is not the case in most other sports.

Really the only way to know what one is like is to go. It is relatively easy to find one near you, and usually very cheap ($5 US) to watch, except for the really big meets.

Ironpipes,

If you are in Michigan, as indicated in your profile, you are in a great place to watch some serious powerlifting. Find a meet where either John Zemmin, or Clay Brandenburg are lifting. They both bench over 700. If seeing that live doesn't get you fired up, nothing will. Call around to some of the hardcore gyms in your area and ask about those guys, I think they train at Mike's Gym or something like that, not sure of the city, but I know it is in Michigan. There are some strong fellas up your way.

I agree with Arioch, just go to a meet, and talk to the competitors. I think you will find they are a likeable and helpful bunch of people. After you go to a meet, post us on the board and let us know what you thought.

All that being said, the first meet I saw was one in which I was lifting. Nothing like jumping in with both feet.

B

Hey man sup I'm 17 and I'll be going to my first meet i was gonna compete in it but i won't have time so I'm going March 16 in ST PETE. Good luck if you decide to enter looking at some of the teen records I see I have to work more and harder. Good luckk

stats

well by bench right now is 265, squat 360 , dead lift 415, those ok or should they go up even more? by the way i did enter it so i look forward to to it

pause. normal its about 285 along with a little bounce. people in my place where i work out arch there backs like all hell cheat any little weigh they can. i try to stick with some what of a decent method. but 265 is with holding it at the bottom and then pressing when told

Way to go man I see I have to train alot harder right now my best pause is 255 and bench with touch n go is 275. that's from maxing about 3 weeks ago. The thing is i've never wanted to try a max with a bounce b/c i wouldn't wanna break my sternum some people don't look at that and just wanna look big. ur lifts are ALL higher than mine and ur younger so I KNOW i have to train harder. Keep at it how long have u been lifting period and how long have u been lifting westside if that's what you do??????

well ive been training 3 years. start out in 8th grade benching 85 pounds squat 115 and deadlifted 150. i know i was weak. but im not on west side. i just train. i wish i could get a west side program going. ive heard nothing but the best. how long have you been training

Top Bottom