Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Just out of interest (reverse hyper ?)

Imnotdutch

butler monkey
I finally figured out how to rig up a reverse hyper at my current gym. How much weight do you guys use??

I know its a sappy question but I'm kinda interested.

I used to use 45's hanging on a chain, and worked up to using 3 of them for sets of around 10, but that was noisy and a real pain in the ass to rig up, so I began using one and two minibands for resistance instead.

Much easier to set up, and does not make such a racket. The noise before was waking up the kids. And the bands get harder toward the top of the lift just like weights on a swingarm.

B.

I need to find a way to increase the weight on mine too. Adding 45's huh? Any way to post a pic of your set up?

B True

PLJay has a digital cam. We'll take some pics of the reverse hyper we made to retro fit our power rack and post them for the board. Personally, I worked up to five plates per side leading up to the contest.

I got my reverse hyper a few weeks back. I am using six 45
pound plates, 3 on each side, for sets of eight with straight
legs.

The hyper came with two straps, one longer than the other.
So far, I have only used the shorter one. The longer one is
for hip work from what I have been told. I will start using
the longer one after I master the shorter one.

i've been adding a blue band....attaching it to the front crossbar and slipping it over the weight collars. you can only add 3 45's to each side on ours , but the blue band feels like it doubles the weight , plus you get an awesome negitive type pull at the bottom.
i've been experimenting with the green bands on leg press also, add'em to your heaviest weight one on each side for the last couple of sets. the BB's scatter when they see me coming toward a peice of equipment with bands in tow.

I've had a reverse hyper for the last 6 months. When I started I could barely use any weight. Now I do sets of 6-8 with 180lbs total (2-45's on ea side). As hard as it is to stomach this, that is just girl weight at westside. Most strong PLers use 300+ pounds. It is definately a hard mofo exercise. I am about to outgrow it though, and need to buy a pro model (it is a standard).

Is anyone interested in a standard model reverse-hyper? If so, let me know and we can talk about $. I think I'll put it on Ebay if no one here wants it.

Last edited:
the reverse hyper is a funny exercise

it gets to the point where when you add more weight, the exercise seems to get a little easier because of the swing-arm momentum.

we had worked up to 6 plates on each side and i swear it was easier than 4 plates.

well. we found a way to counteract this... add some mini-bands (doubled of course).

4 plates and 2 minis lit my lower back up like nothing else!

/irish

Top Bottom