Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

is this a competitive lift?

sloppy joe

I'm a 165lbs. I'm considering entering a local bench press meet.
My bench is currently 350 with a shirt.Will this be competitive or
should I wait a while?

Who cares. Compete for the experience. That is far more important. I will occasionally enter a bench meet to test my strength under meet conditions and it is my worst lift.

I agree do it for fun. BUt i fyou wanna know go to
www.apa-wpa.com go to the WPA forum and you will see a thread asking about the APA top 20 for 2001. Roger Boarg posts the link go there and look up 165 open or whatever you are and look fo ryour self. That is Nat rankings for the APA. But you have to go to the forum caus ethere is no link to that site on Scotts board yet. Go look and see.

IF it is a local meet than it will depend on what kind of people show up lol. I did a local meet last september in the 165's and 350 was my final attempt and I got it. I won my weight class. So yea it probably will be a competitive lift. I actually won the weight class with 330 for my second lift of the day but I still hit 350 and set a PR. Maybe there just arent that many strong 65ers here though lol.

That weight should be extremly competive. Enter, if nothing else you will see what kind of weight you should be aiming for. You would be suprised how much you can learn at one of those!!

I don't think so

I think you should just give up if that's all you can lift at that weight. I definitely wouldn't even think about going up a weight class anytime soon. :D Just kidding. I think you should be able to win the class without much trouble. Good luck!

Top Bottom