Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Testosterone and stunted growth in adolescents

HansNZ

It is well known that anabolic steroids (except oxandrolone) cause a stunting of growth in people under 18 who haven't finished growing.

I am curious as to whether it is proven that testosterone has this effect. The reason I bring this up is because at the time when teenage boys are enjoying their most rapid growth, they also have large amounts of testosterone raging through their bodies. Surely this would stunt growth if testosterone had a growth stunting effect?

Help anyone?
:mix:

well i know there is in fact a difference between natural test and injectible test, in terms of your question. I think the dentrimental effects of test use on teens is not while on it, but while off it, when your body shuts down.

Steroids supposedly fuse the growth plates in the knees if taken during teenage years. On the other hand, drugs like Winny, Anavar, and one other I do not recall... have been proven to HELP the teens height. There's a great little section on it in the Anabolics 2000 book.

BOT, if estrogen is the main culprit, would taking high doses of ant-estrogens while on test help prevent most of this growth stunting?

so anavar for sure DOESNT close off the growth plates?..even at 40mg a day?..could u please type out that part of the book please?

From what I've read estrogen is the main player in halting linear growth. Notice how all the steroids that don't stunt growth don't aromatize? It should also be noted that anti-e's (clomid, nolvadex, etc..) can stunt growth on thier own, b/c they bind to the ER. Aromatase inhibitors at a sufficient dose might work though. But the bottom line is if you want to grow a lot taller it's probably best to just wait and not risk it, besides if you have a lot
of growing in height to do, are you really old enough to be on steroids?

I don't know why I am responding this b/c in no way do I condone the use of AAS in younger teens. But the way to do it would be to use an anabolic that does not aromatise and also throw in some liquidex, which is not an anti e but an anti aromatise.

Correct me if I am wrong here.

Nautica

im short...5' 5" to be exact

when i was 15 my parents took me to an endocrinoligist to find out why i hadnt grown at all in over a year. what he concluded through various tests was that my testosterone levels peaked a little too early...causing a rapid uprise in estrogen which closed down my growth plates before i had time to reach my full potential. its kinda hard to remember this, being his words and me being a lot younger, but the gist of it was that early surges of test caused early surges of estrogen which closed my growth plates quickly... i think based on that info there may be some validity to saying that an anti aromitase would have a slowing effect (remember not even femara stops all aromitization) on the closing of ones growth plates.

Top Bottom