Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

ITBS - anyone have experience with this?

Daisy_Girl

Plat Hero
Platinum
I think I have a form of ITBS. I have ALWAYS had tight piriformis and hip flexor muscles. And apparently, NOT stretching isn't helping much, lol. I have been suffering from some knee pain (left side, lateral) over the last few months. I did some research, and ITBS can cause this kind of pain.

I need to start stretching more .... anyone have experience with ITBS or know what can help it?

I am thinking about using my foam roller on my left IT Band ......

For ref: ITBS - iliotibial band syndrome - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iliotibial_Band_Syndrome

You might start by seeing a chiro about it? I actually have a pretty good chiro place and between them & my massage therapist they've talked about tight IT band, etc. My orthpaedic guy mentioned that could be a source of issue for my knees too (bursitis). I've had a ridiculously tight IT band as a result of my rotated pelvis issue 3 yrs ago, so it very easily could've contributed to the culmination of the knee problems. But not sure if I'd explicitly say my issue is ITBS. I've never been a runner so its not from that.

But I guess I am suggesting get someone to give you some more input vs self-diagnosis. Chiros are relatively cheap -- but then I've been seeing mine & she knows me instead of having to start w/ a new one and go thru their usual initial meeting protocol -- but at least to get some opinion to start with.

Sassy69 said:
For ref: ITBS - iliotibial band syndrome - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iliotibial_Band_Syndrome

You might start by seeing a chiro about it? I actually have a pretty good chiro place and between them & my massage therapist they've talked about tight IT band, etc. My orthpaedic guy mentioned that could be a source of issue for my knees too (bursitis). I've had a ridiculously tight IT band as a result of my rotated pelvis issue 3 yrs ago, so it very easily could've contributed to the culmination of the knee problems. But not sure if I'd explicitly say my issue is ITBS. I've never been a runner so its not from that.

But I guess I am suggesting get someone to give you some more input vs self-diagnosis. Chiros are relatively cheap -- but then I've been seeing mine & she knows me instead of having to start w/ a new one and go thru their usual initial meeting protocol -- but at least to get some opinion to start with.

... as she self-diagnoses... :rolleyes:

I just bought a foam roller too -- I'd go after it w/ that for sure!

lmao at Sass. I know what you mean about self-diagnosing. I hate to do that .... but I like to think I know my body pretty well and with the internet - it is so easy to research things, ya know?

I didn't think it was ITBS until this weekend - did some playing around on a running site, and came across someone's post about the SAME "symptoms" I have been having, so I started looking more into it. It seems suspiciously like what I have. I'll talk to my doctor and see what he thinks. :)

..never mind

I'm tired...I thought this was about a stomach issue

lol

Daisy_Girl said:
LMAO S - I was wondering how long it would be until someone typed a whole detailed post about IBS instead. ;)

That's exactly why I put in the link to explain it -- didn't really want to read about that particular topic at the moment.... :sick:

Talt to your Dr. The pain can run from your hip flexor area to under your knee I believe. Sports Massage is good to help relieve the pain and tightness.....

My wife and I have both suffered this - especially when picking up the miles when running.

Foam roller is great. Deep tissue massage is a must as well. Especially if you can find someone who knows how to work directly on that area (running a thumb deep in the tissue from the knee to the hip on the side of the leg)

Nothing knew there ... but one of the easiest things to do is to stretch the ITB always while you are sitting down (watching tv, movie, or riding in a car). While sitting in a chair, just put lay like your right ankle across your left knee and then press down gently on your right knee. It is a great stretch and you can do it any time. You will be amazed at how quickly you loosen that area up.

Top Bottom