Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How do you increase free vs bound testosterone?

No idea about the efficacy of DIM etc. mate but there is a prescription medication that has been clinically proven to reduce the amount of sex hormone binding globulin, thereby elevating free testosterone. It's Andriol (Restandol in the UK). It's Organons oral testosterone undecanoate - yep the little red rugby balls that everyone loves to hate. Not great for building mass etc. but it does reduce SHBG, causing an improvement in the ratio of free to toal testosterone. I may have the refernces/papers somewhere if you need 'em.

Cheers mate.

I have yet to see any difinitive research on the use of isoflavanoids as stated in the aformentioned post. That said, Many of you have certainly researched the purported benefits that proviron can provide. Proviron is said to bind readily with a particular plasma cell refered to as Sex Hormone Binding Globulin (SHBG). Now, in theory one can begin the introduction of exogenous androgens with less impediment.

Before you sit down to compose you upcoming cycle(s). I suggest a simple experiment involving the use of Proviron for the span of 7-14 days at 100mg per day prior to. Then once ergogens are introduced reduce volume by 50mg and continue through out.

PEACE

Last edited:
BALDY, there is nothing special about Andriol, this is a property of all testosterones. Androgens decrease SHBG, while estrogens increase them.

Twisted_Steel said:
I have yet to see any difinitive research on the use of isoflavanoids as stated in the aformentioned post. That said, Many of you have certainly researched the purported benefits that proviron can provide. Proviron is said to bind readily with a particular plasma cell refered to as Sex Hormone Binding Globulin (SHBG). Now, in theory one can begin the introduction of exogenous androgens with less impediment.

Before you sit down to compose you upcoming cycle(s). I suggest a simple experiment involving the use of Proviron for the span of 7-14 days at 100mg per day prior to. Then once ergogens are introduced reduce volume by 50mg and continue through out.

PEACE

SHBG is a protein, not a cell.

Cockdezl - didn't know that mate, cheers. Is Andriol any more effective at reducing SHBG than other androgens? Just asking 'cos I've never seen this mentioned anywhere else than in connection with Andriol.

Thanks for the info mate.

Thanks for all the info. I'm taking 5 IU of humulin r post workout with my shake. Its not much, but I'm keeping almost all my gains and get bad ass pumps in the gym. I'm staying away from proviron and andriol because I need my damn test levels to recover. All I'm taking is clomid. I'll try the DIM too. I guess it cant hurt.

Cockdezl-

Iron Curtain Labs has some research posted on their site about methoxy-isoflavone. It is the main ingredient in their gh-1000 product. Don't know how accurate the info is but you could look it up and see what you think. Their claim is that it helps increase free test levels without increasing overall levels. Also let us know what your thoughts on it are I am interested to get more opinions on this.

Cheers,
Scotsman

NCLifter,
If you want something other than clomid to help raise overall testosterone levels look into Tribulus Terestris. I have been off my Fina cycle for 9 days, have been taking large dosages of Tribulus and have felt just fine so far, except for today when I forgot my megadoses of Tribulus; I felt deprived of testosterone while at the car dealership, I couldn't make up my mind, and when I did I still wasn't sure LOL.
I don't want to start a clomid cycle because I have heard crazy things about it.

According to the Life Extension Institute (www.lef.org), Nettle Root can increase free testosterone. It was in a article on Male Hormone Modulation. Here is a quote from another article of theirs.

"A highly concentrated extract from the nettle root provides a unique mechanism for increasing levels of free testosterone. Recent European research has identified constituents of nettle root that bind to SHBG in place of testosterone, thus reducing SHBG's binding of free testosterone. As the authors of one study state, these constituents of nettle root "may influence the blood level of free, i.e. active, steroid hormones by displacing them from the SHBG bindings site."

Sterone said:
NCLifter,
If you want something other than clomid to help raise overall testosterone levels look into Tribulus Terestris. I have been off my Fina cycle for 9 days, have been taking large dosages of Tribulus and have felt just fine so far, except for today when I forgot my megadoses of Tribulus; I felt deprived of testosterone while at the car dealership, I couldn't make up my mind, and when I did I still wasn't sure LOL.
I don't want to start a clomid cycle because I have heard crazy things about it.

I would never toss out the clomid but I am interested in effective doses of trib. What do you ( and others) use daily and for how long.? I got a wack of this stuff in the cupboard but I don't want to dive in post-cycle without more info.

Top Bottom