Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How do you increase free vs bound testosterone?

NCLifter

I had a discussion with my doc the other day about free vs bound test and he said there was no way to increase free test medically other than increasing total test to the point there was no more protein for it to bind to. I thought I read in Anabolics 2K that there was a way either medically or supplementally. Does anyone know if it is possible? Thanks.

Several companies have intodiced mixed isoflavones onto the market. The claim is that by filling binding sites and blocking binding of estrogen free test(FT) is raised. Methoxyisoflavone is the most common one on the market currently. EAS and Iron Curtain Labs both have these in OTC form. Isoflavones in studies have raised FT significantly without corresponding overall test increase in serum levels. THe easiest way still is ro raise overall test above the binding effeciency level.

NCLifter,
Yes there sure is a way to release all protein bound testosterone in your body. The substance that does it is called Di-indolyl-methane or DIM for short. Not only does it release protein bound testosterone, but it also has the added benefit of improving estrogen metabolism, converting carcinogenic and fat causing estrogens picked up from toxins or converted from testosterones into healthy estrogens that become metabolized/inactivated more quickly.
DIM is a metabolite (comes from) of Indole-3-Carbinol, which is most abundant in cruciferous veggies. However it in its pure form is many times stronger than just eating broccoli. It's effects are so strong that some people get kidney pains while taking it. So be careful how you dose it.
It comes either as I3C or DIM with the DIM being more potent.

Proviron does it, by binding to the transportation proteins. Thus letting the same total test with less binding posibilities...so more free test.

Thanks for the info on the DIM. We sell it at GNC but nobody ever buys it so I assumed it was bullshit. If it really increases free test, why isnt it popular?

I can find no research supporting the ideas that either DIM or isoflavones can increase testosterone levels through protein displacement. I would appreciate any information showing this effect.

That being said, isoflavones have been shown to INCREASE SHBG, due to their estrogenic activity. This leads to more proteins for testosterone to bind to. Several studies have shown isoflavones may DECREASE testosterone levels.

The only thing that I know that can alter bound testosterone levels would be insulin. Insulin increases the metabolism of carrier proteins, like SHBG, and in certain hyperinsulinemic conditions, such as PCOS, the patients have higher androgen levels. Unfortunately, insulin is also a great fatty tissue anabolic.

I think the reason DIM hasn't caught on yet is because people just don't know about it. If you want research on it try Metagenics, I know they have spent alot of money on its research. It is still new and, for the most part, being sold by doctor's lines [of supplements] such as Complementary Prescriptions and Metagenics, rather than sports supplements companies (although they are starting to catch on).
Also because it doesn't increase testosterone levels (that catchy phrase people like to hear) but rather frees protein bound testosterone, which increases the amount of free (available) testosterone in the system.
Beyond this, I have no idea, except that it's not gear, and when people have access to gear such things seem trivial. Also there are so many sports supplement companies out there scamming people by marketing things that don't really work as claimed, and maybe people are tired of that so they don't give new things a chance.

Last edited:
Top Bottom