Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

My new years journal-Single factor 5x5

asdfzxcv

Hello all

Due to the unorganised mess that was my other journal and the beginning of what will hopefully be a productive new year,I have decided to start a new journal.This time I will be running the standard 5x5,not a modified one.

I will be starting the bench+row fairly conservatively in order to get accustomed to the movements.The squat+deadlift I will simply keep pushing onward as they have not stalled yet and seem to be going strong.The deadlift I want to try to get a few 10lb PR's on as I started it recently and it seems to have a bit more slack to tighten up.

My goals by this time next year are as follows,still very much a newbie at 19years old.
Weigh 225-230b,currently 191lb at 6'4
Squat 345x5,currently 245x5
Deadlift 385x5,currently 245x5
Barbell row 225x5,currently 135x5
Bench 225x5,currently N/A(bench hasnt arrived yet)
Overhead press 185x5,currently 110x5
Pull ups 5x5,currently like 1-2 LOL

Although these may be very high goals I am going to give it all I have got and try to do things right this whole year

As my goals indicate I have also got alot of eating ahead of me too,here is what I have in mind

7.00am Cup of oats+1scoop whey

10.00am Can of tuna on wholemeal bread(sandwich)

1.00pm after training-Scoop of whey+scoop of dextrose

2.00pm Chicken breast/steak or some other lean source of meat+1-2bananas

4.00pm steak or large chicken breast with a cup of broccoli+a cup of oats in a seperate bowl

7.00pm Another whey shake in milk or can of tuna

10pm(depending on hunger)Cup of low fat cottage cheese+tablespoon of natural peanut butter

I also drink 6-8glasses of low fat milk during the day,which adds a big chunk of calories.

I drink about 1-2gallons of water per day

Comes to about 3500-3700cal according to fitday.com,which should be good for about a pound of weight gain a week.

If anyone has feedback please feel free to comment.

Ok first workout of the new year went pretty good,bench will be here wednesday or thursday.

Bodyweight 191lb date 2/1/06
Been eating a fair bit of food this weekend as I want to increase muscle and hopefully strength much faster then I have been.All been very clean food,just lots of it.

Today(all lifts in pounds)

Squats
135x5
165x5
195x5
225x5
245x5PR
I dont know what it was today but I felt invincible at the top set of squats.I think now that I am eating more my strength is increasing lots as it was far easier then last monday.

Barbell rows
95x5
105x5
115x5
125x5
135x5
Really liking this movement,hits the back nicely.I hope to increase these by 5lb for a few weeks before having to resort to smaller increments.

Bench press
N/A
coming soon

Decent workout,looking forward to getting this bench

Thanks for the kind words carlsuen.I am starting to learn that if you want to be big,you have to eat big as food is the best anabolic there is.Hopefully I can keep fat to a minimum,but as Mark rippetoe said to me if you gain 40lb of muscle and 10lb of fat who is going to call you fat?

Nice workout, hope you keep your log up. It'll be interesting to see your gains this year, supposedly you can keep going on SF for 'years' ;)

And oh yeah something MC2 reminded me awhile back, don't forget to continue to up your cals to account for the mass you add throughout the year.

Jim Ouini said:
Nice workout, hope you keep your log up. It'll be interesting to see your gains this year, supposedly you can keep going on SF for 'years' ;)

And oh yeah something MC2 reminded me awhile back, don't forget to continue to up your cals to account for the mass you add throughout the year.

I believe that I can get at least 6-12months out of it if I keep the food up enough.Obviously things will slow down after a bit,but I dont think I will need a dual factor based program for quite a while.I havent really stalled with squats/deads yet,the bench and rows are fairly new movements so there should be plenty of room for improvement.I dont have very much muscle on my body yet so there should be a fair margin for improvement in that way too.

Thanks for the kind words.

Top Bottom