Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

what is the BEST/your favorite HR monitor? hoook meee upppp!

ChefWide

Elite Mentor
Platinum
what is the BEST/your favorite HR monitor? hoook meee upppp!

Just saw my polar of yesteryear suck its last breath... suggestions? things to look for? avoid? your price experiences?

grathiath,

Smooove

I use a very simple one: Polar A3... I don't need any of that calories counter crap. All I need is a heart-rate and a %age display, that is all.

pintoca said:
I use a very simple one: Polar A3... I don't need any of that calories counter crap. All I need is a heart-rate and a %age display, that is all.
How accurate do you think the calorie counter is?

I'd recommend any of the F11 F6 or F3, all have the ability to uplink the data to your computer. Graphing heart rate vs time is a nice feature

redguru said:
I'd recommend any of the F11 F6 or F3, all have the ability to uplink the data to your computer. Graphing heart rate vs time is a nice feature

I'll second guru. The new F series is very nice w/o being too complicated or spendy. I sell all three models. The F6 is the most popular but the F11 is a close second.

cool.. i like.

thanks y'all.

I have an old Polar Accurex NV and I just bought a Polar S120. I find it pretty difficult to navigate. You HAVE to read the manul to figure it out, which to me means it's too hard. Rule #1 of computer hardware - if you have to read the manual it's too hard. I can just imagine how much the S150 (same model plus bicycle functions) would suck. I do like the design of the unit. The band looks much more durable than the Accurex, which sucked construction-wise but was easy to follow and did everything I needed.
I would have gone with the Polar S-520 or something with a computer uplink but an HR really isn't worth more than $150 to me. The S-120 was $80.

superqt4u2nv said:
How accurate do you think the calorie counter is?

It's a very personal thing. I think, for example, the calorie counters on the ellipticals are very unaccurate (since the machines are relatively new and all the counters are statistic based). I also believe the most accurate are those of stationary bikes and threadmills.

I think the counter on the watch is VERY unaccurate, but that is only me. At best, it will be a ballpark figure, purely reference

For my own calculations I usually estimate 500 cals for each 45 mins @ 75-80% MHR... that might be off as well, since it depends on a number of factors that vary from person to person

pintoca said:
It's a very personal thing. I think, for example, the calorie counters on the ellipticals are very unaccurate (since the machines are relatively new and all the counters are statistic based). I also believe the most accurate are those of stationary bikes and threadmills.

I think the counter on the watch is VERY unaccurate, but that is only me. At best, it will be a ballpark figure, purely reference

For my own calculations I usually estimate 500 cals for each 45 mins @ 75-80% MHR... that might be off as well, since it depends on a number of factors that vary from person to person

I believe those machines base the expenditure on a 180 lb 30 year old man. You also burn more calories if you're over the set pace. I know for my size I should be burning 40-50 calories per mile on a bike ride.
I wouldn't trust any expenditure that doesn't take age and weight into occasion.

Top Bottom