Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Help me with my workout

DDizzy

Ok ive been working out every other day which has shown some results from when i started but id still like some opinions to make sure i can get some good results

After every exercise i squeeze the muscle i jus worked for atleast 20 seconds

Squat 4 x 12

Calf Raises-with ankle weights and holding a bar wit weight- 3 x 50..probly will up that

Bench- start off with a weight i can jus do 10 times...then lower it and do 3 x 10...lower it one more time and pump til failure

Curls-same as bench

Dumbbell Bench- 4 x 12 alternate this wit a neutral grip with incline

Dumbbell Curls 4 x 12

Abs
i do these a lil different instead of jus one exercise i mix it up jus a lil

50 crunches twisting 50 regular

then right after

25 of these things like reverse crunches but when my legs are vertical i lift my ass off the ground using jus my abs....really feel the burn

rest for about a min and repeat twice

at the end of my workout i do a full body squeeze for atleast 20 seconds jus to get the last burn really goin

Is this too hard for a 15 year old who isnt the most experienced..if not what exercises should i add and what other body parts should i work....

ty all

ddizzy, what are your goals? How tall are you? And how much do you weigh?

At age 15, you're at the ultimate period in your life to make unreal progress. Your body is naturally producing so much testosterone right now that is like a steroid factory. Be consistent and train hard and eat big now, and you'll thank yourself for the rest of your life. If you want to grow, we can get you to grow like a weed. If you have other goals, then post them up too and we can help you with them.

How's your form on squats? Do you go all the way down? Have you ever deadlifted before? and do you do any rowing for your back?

Last edited:
my goals are jus to gain muscle mass because after cutting down and gettin my abs to show i decided that abs dont look good when u dont have anything around it

sadly tho im only 5'6(i kno dont remind me im short) but that is why i got into squattin in the first place to work on my vertical for basketball....as far as weight goes iam now 130 gained some weight over the summer was down to around 118..dont ask me how....i jus really wanna gain some muscle mass and abs arent my priority anymore....jus gaining muscle...which is why i decided to bulk up which led me to this site

yes i go all the way down on squats when my knee will let me.....hurt it in basketball...tho if i take pain relievers it seems to be fine

never deadlifted wasnt quite sure on form for that..tho will look into it...does it require a belt cuz i dont have one

and never tried rowing either...aint exactly sure how to do it at all

Ddizzy, check out the 5x5 thread on this board, also check out some of these pages for exercise descriptions and videos.

http://strengthtraining.asimba.com/fitness_info/muscle_group68.html

http://www.exrx.net/Lists/Directory.html

What type of a diet do you follow? You are definitely going to have to eat much more. For routines, I like full body workouts on Mon-Wed-Fri, with a squat, a pull, and an upper body press at every workout. You can add in assistance work as you progress. I am a fan of heavy basics, nothing too fancy, ESPECIALLY at your age.

Most size is carried in the legs and back. You should center the workouts on the squat and increasing it. Also, learn how to deadlift, row, and shrug. As an athlete, the olympic lifts can only help you, but learn to do them correctly. Develop the posterior chain, grow your legs, and get that back as big and strong as possible, press consistently and the shoulder girdle will come along.

If you want help with a layout/ set rep scheme, I can offer some suggestions.

well i did follow a low cal diet cuz i was cuttin but now i was gonna try a high protein high fat diet wit lower carbs...tell me what u think....by the way i aint tryin to get like a big huge body builder...i jus wanna be bigger......and id really like to work on my biceps....but i will seriosly look into what u said....ty for the help and im lookin forward to gaining more knowledge...all help appreciated

jus a lil update from yesterday..definately feelin it from squats..the back of my legs are real sore...

Biggt,i looked into the exercises u said to do but am gonna look into it further...i see where ur coming from developing my back muscles which i plan on doin but i jus wanna let ya kno my goal isnt to become a big beast that is jus powerful and slow...i play basketball and need to be able to have some quickness but i really do wanna get bigger and am very committed

anyone else have any suggestions about my work out...what i should add or anything jus tell me

Being big and slow is not going to be an issue. Just keep hooping and lifting and you'll be fine. I abso-friggin'-lutely promise you will not get too big too fast, and certainly not to the detriment of your athletic ability.

I can't recommend this book highly enough for you:
www.startingstrength.com

as it wil teach you the best lifts properly, including the power clean, which will improve your vertical jump more than any one movement (besides maybe squats).

ty very much im lookin into every piece of advice i get...so if anyone has anything else please feel free to post...i appreciate it..i probly wont be on til tomorrow around 3PM eastern cuz of school..so i hope to have more advice by then

Guiness is right, train like an athlete and function like an athlete. Control your size/weight by what you do in the kitchen. As a basketball player, the olympic lifts can only help you.....and all athletes should make training the posterior chain a priority.

tomorrow is a lift day so gotta get some rest...surprisingly i had some time to get on here so tomorrow before i lift ill look into shrugs for now...i was told u need a belt to dead lift and i dont have one of them so ill look into that later....as far as rows i only have freeweights so cant do them i guess u need cables? As far as eating i try to make sure everything is clean and goin to help my body restore itself but i do need to eat alot more than i was bein i was on a cutting diet...im thinkin im around 2500-3000 Cals...is that enuff.....i really wanna gain outta this experience and form some habits for the rest of my life....dont want any wasted workouts

Every Rep Counts!

Top Bottom