Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Another Single Factor 5x5 Journal

Yes it was on the Smith. I was still working out at a leisure center. They had a single free bar and a Smith machine and a few pulley machines and DBs upto 25Kg. They had a couple of benches but no 'benching benches' so most of my workout was on the Smith with the rest on machines and some DB work.

I knew this wasn't ideal but had no idea how suboptimal it really was. That's what I meant about the floor work: the row and deadlift I could do away from the Smith and start to work on my back in new and interesting ways. I was already being quite creative with the various pulley machines but it wasn't enough. I switched to a real gym straight after that 5x5 and it's taking an age to get back to where I thought I already was. It's been an education.

AB: Meal replacement shakes are real helpful for people like myself who aren't big eaters. But beyond that the list of clean whole foods really seems depressingly short to me (at least of the foods I can easily cook) - chicken, lean beef, fish, green veggie, brown rice/pasta, yams, oatmeal...

MC2 always talked about how difficult it was to eat clean and get the requisite amount of calories to bulk, especially for people who are already lean...probably you've already read his diatribe in the 5 x 5 thread.

BW: Nice story about the D&D compliment. You were a big dude already so the changes must be pretty apparent. Your traps must be a lot bigger from all the pulling, usually people notice that.

Or maybe you were walking around town in a muscle tee and spandex shorts?

I think it was mostly the two-headed axe slung over my shoulder and the leggy brunette slung over the other shoulder. The oversized fur jock-strap might have had something to do with it, too.

He said that I was a lot bigger at the top rather than the alternative. I reckoned it would be seen as a bit faggotty to press him for details so didn't.

BW: I hope that wasn't his wife over your shoulder.

Jim: I hadn't even thought about meal replacements, thanks. Although I'd prefer to stick to whole foods. The problem is finding a complex carb that I can bulk on, and which I can prepare before work and take it in with me. Veggies aren't calorific enough and stink the office out, and I don't know what I'd do with oatmeal other than gag it down with water (nowhere to make porridge). I could eat like normal people in the canteen :) But they eat at 12pm and I eat at 10am, 1pm and 4pm whilst at work. Yams? Ahh.. Sweet potatos. :) Cool! I haven't had those in ages. < goes to buy 10kg sweet potatos... >

|D_J^B_J|:
|D_J^B_J| said:
And on a side note (I guess now is the ideal time to say this), we love beating you and we will still own you in the cricket by the end of the Ashes series :))
One word: Strewth! :D

I eat my oats just in a bowl with milk, often with some protein powder mixed in. Maybe not to everyone's taste but easy to prepare. I normally microwave my sweet potatoes. They cook in two to three minutes.

Have you considered posting in diet forum for hints and tips?

For protein check out www.myprotein.co.uk

Being short for "God's Truth", that's arguably two words. ;)

Yeah I think I'm going to chug a coupla these a day in addition to my normal meals:

uncooked oats
protein powder
banana
ANPB
skim milk

Blend into rich frothy shake.

I haven't done the stats yet but I figure it's good for maybe 400-500 cals. I've tried variations and not cooking the oats makes it easier to drink. Helps to have a kick ass blender.

Jim Ouini said:
Yeah I think I'm going to chug a coupla these a day in addition to my normal meals:

uncooked oats
protein powder
banana
ANPB
skim milk

Blend into rich frothy shake.

I haven't done the stats yet but I figure it's good for maybe 400-500 cals. I've tried variations and not cooking the oats makes it easier to drink. Helps to have a kick ass blender.
I just told him more or less the same thing in a k message. Great minds think alike.

So do ours :p

Top Bottom