Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Soilid powerlifting rouitnes besides WSB?

Slyder190

WSB has too many crazy exercises and is too complicated to follow of you ask me. Too much voilume as well I'd say. Anyone know any other solid powerlifting rouitnes?

Well Madcow2's 5x5 variation is pretty basic and concentrates on the squat, bench and deadlift. It also throws in rows, chins, and military to round it out.

It's not strictly a powerlifting program, but considering it only uses 5x5 and 3x3 rep ranges it stays in the power area pretty damn well if you ask me.

In 5 weeks I've put on 8lbs as I'm on the last day of the deloading phase and I have 4 weeks to go on the intensity phase where I'll probably put on another 5lbs easy. My arms have grown 3/8". I have no doubt they'll be 17" by the end of the next 4 weeks at a bodyweight of 225lbs or more.

This is BY FAR the best program I have ever used for building strength and size and I've been training off and on for 10 years and pretty much tried it all.

I will not go back to regular super-compensation style workouts. Straight up dual-factor for me from here on out!

Stephen Korte's 3x3 is very specific to PL. You bench,squat, and dead only and handle them 3x per week if I recall. Info and other great articles can be found here: http://www.deepsquatter.com/strength/archives/

---

GHETTOSTUDMUFFIN - Great to hear everything is good and you are getting results. Looks very solid so far and I'm glad you are happy with it. It's really the one no brainer program that can work for just about anyone. BTW: I am going to copy and link that into the 5x5 thread if you don't mind. Just so others that read through can see your progress and enthusiasm.

slyder190 said:
WSB has too many crazy exercises and is too complicated to follow of you ask me. Too much voilume as well I'd say. Anyone know any other solid powerlifting rouitnes?

WSB is a template only consisting of ME and DE work..
the amount of assistance should be geared toward how much "you" can handle..you dont copy Chuck Vogelpohls workouts..

crazy exercises that work!!! ive put over 100lbs on my squat in 12 weeks because of that crazy box!!!

WSB is by no means the only way to PL..however if you look at the WPO champs all top 3 SHW are westsiders and there were lots of other throughout the different classes..no coincidence!!

anyway having said that im trying to tweak a bench routine based on metal militia and wsb..

as far as benching www.metalmilitia.net you cant go wrong with their routine just lower the volume and tweak the routine a little..boards are very important but you dont have to do all in 1 w/o instead use lets say the 2 brd for 3 weeks then use the 3 brd for 3 weeks then a 1brd for 3 weeks etc...

as far as squattng goes i honestly think WSB has the best squatters but take a look a routines by rickey dale crain, ed coan etc..
www.weightliftingdiscussion.com look for ed coan routines..

Top Bottom