Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I would really like to see a pro benching ...

Luciano_

Does anyone have a link to a video or a schematic about how to bench?
I asked one of the trainers in my gym to show me and he stated quite the opposite of what I have reed here.
:worried:

what type of pro?

bodybuilder or powerlifter?

depending on what you told your trainer, he may or may not have heard of some of the things on here. PL'ing style of benching is somewhat unknown in personal training cirlces. (you should see the looks/comments i get)

Just the proper benching way to build chest, don't care about strength ...
I don't want to hit the shoulders or whatever instead ..

The trainer knows what I want and when I bench with a semi close grip, elbows ~45° and the bar bellow my nipples he said, no. He took a very wide grip, elbows 90° as a consequence and bench almost in his neck ... I don't believe that's ok ..

Thanks !!

if you want to build your chest.....do flyes. dont be one sided. tell a PL'er that he has a small chest. tell a bodybuilder that he has healthy rotators. get the picture?

Not really, can't read in-between lines. My English is not that good.
Do you mean that a PLer uses many muscles when benching but a BB has healthy shoulders?

I do flyes, I feel like I am hitting more my chest with them than when benching, I do crossover cable too. But I want to learn how to bench ok. Sometimes I feel like my shoulders and triceps are working more than mi chest and I get piss.

Thanks for your time bignate.

Incline presses and D-bell presses work very well..Dont overlook the benefit of a Pl style..it will increase your strength and allow you to lift heavier weights build bigger chest!!

Luciano_ said:
Not really, can't read in-between lines. My English is not that good.
Do you mean that a PLer uses many muscles when benching but a BB has healthy shoulders?

I do flyes, I feel like I am hitting more my chest with them than when benching, I do crossover cable too. But I want to learn how to bench ok. Sometimes I feel like my shoulders and triceps are working more than mi chest and I get piss.

Thanks for your time bignate.

PL'ers tend to have healthy shoulders and move tremendous weight, with very good chest development. i definitely respect their methodologies and training.

BB'ers, in general, bench in a more precarious manner, which risks their shoulders. healthy rotators and a BB style bench dont seem to go together.

Top Bottom