Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

fen-phen

Lao Tzu

Is this drug any good? Are either of the ingredients worth it alone. is the drug just like ECA in regards to effectiveness (and danger). Does anyone have any personal experience with it.

Within the past several weeks, additional information received by the FDA has raised more concern. Most of the cases previously brought to the FDA's attention were in patients who had symptoms of heart disease. Recently, FDA has received reports from five physicians who had performed heart studies (echocardiograms) on patients who had received fen-phen or dexfen-phen and did not have symptoms of heart disease. Of 291 asymptomatic patients screened, about 30 percent had abnormal valve findings, primarily aortic regurgitation. Based on these data, the manufacturers have agreed to withdraw the products from the market and FDA has recommended that patients stop taking the drugs.

http://www.fda.gov/cder/news/phen/fenphenqa2.htm

Wow, i had no idea problems were this common. nevermind.

The same site also says

At the present time, no cases of heart valve disease meeting FDA's case definition have been reported with phentermine alone. Analysis of the data points to an association of heart valve disease with fenfluramine and dexfenfluramine.

I would never use phen-fen together because of the health risks you mentioned.

I have, however, had success using phentermine (pondimin) alone for short periods.

Top Bottom