Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How much Testosterone will cause a shut down?

Smokescreen

Experienced Noob
Platinum
I have a little cousin of mine that is going to take Androgel. The girl that is selling it to him says that he should put it on his nut sack because the absorbtion of the drug is much better when put there. At what daily mg's of testosterone will a shut down occur? He said he wants to go to the max that he can but one step behind the daily dosage of causing a major shut down.

well it is generally believed if you go beyond what your body produces then shut down will occur...I think the average male produces about 75-100 mgs per weeks of test....100 being on the high end

He won't be able to put enough on to shut down.
Transdermal administration results in roughly 30-40% into your blood, and the gel causes a spike that diminishes quickly within a short time. So unless he's applying it like body lotion, 3 times a day, he has nothing to worry about.

Even low doses of AAS can suppress the testosterone levels. Blood testing will definitely confirm. Do baseline testosterone level testing and LH testing. Then repeat the tests in about six weeks after starting the gel and using continuously. You will see your testosterone levels go up from the exogenous testos and your LH go down as a result of the pituitary shutdown. How much and how long depends on the meds, dosages and frequencies.

Stop using the term "Shut down". It is incorrect. "Suppression" is what you're asking. Any amount of synthetic testosterone will cause some suppression.

genarr3 said:
Stop using the term "Shut down". It is incorrect. "Suppression" is what you're asking. Any amount of synthetic testosterone will cause some suppression.

word.
the more exogenous test administered, the more suppression that occurs and everyone is different. there's no magic formula.:(

i've thought about this quite a bit. wouldn't it be great if you could figure out, or graph, how much test you were taking against how much suppression, or natural test you were still producing and come up with a "perfect" dosage that would still allow you to have higher-than-normal test levels while your body continued to produce enough of its own test to keep your balls normal and endocrine system functioning?

i know, i have too much time on my hands. i'll leave now.

Nadr

There are some studies that calims that even more important that the amount of test is the time of the expose of exogenous test.
That theory of short cycles to prevent hard supression.

HRT pacients on this board know this ansewer. Some guys with naturally low test, on the order of 200 ng/dl say that even the slightest bit of exogeneous T will cause their balls to shrink. so anything at all will start to supress. just like DrJMW said.

Top Bottom